Leave Structure in Public Sector Banks
Leave Structure in Public Sector Banks: Know Bank Leave Rules
The wait is finally over. IBPS has released the final result and allotment for IBPS PO, SO and Clerk.
The candidates are happy on their selection. But still there is a bit of dilemma among those who are joining a job for the first time. They do not know about the joining condition and leave structure in the Banks.
Well if you are also in the same category, then worry not, we are here for your help.In this article, we will share the details regarding the leave structure of the Public sector Banks
Well, once you have joined the bank at their head office, you will either be sent to a training Centre or a branch. If you are sent to the Training Centre , then you will undergo a classroom training for approx 15 days to a month. If you are sent to any branch , then you will undergo on the job training where you will learn all the nitty gritties of banking.After effectively finishing your training, you will be posted in branches of the bank crosswise over India.
Leave that you get at banks
You will be eligible for following kind of leaves once you join the bank:
- These are the normal leaves and are 12 in number for an year.
- You can take them on a Pro-rata basis during your first year of service in the bank (1 day for each completed month).
- The maximum clubbing will be of 4 days, which means the maximum you can take 4 leaves at a stretch excluding weekly off and holidays.
- They can’t be combined with any other type of leave.
- These are special leaves and can be availed only after you complete 11 months of service in the bank.
- Like Casual leaves, they are also 12 in number for an year.
- While calculating these leaves, all types of leaves availed except Casual Leave are excluded.
- They can be taken only during 4 times and that too shall be applied before taking that leave
- You can be be granted special sick leave with salary for a maximum period of 30 days while you are hospitalised for any severe problem.
- For other cases, the sick leave will be on half pay.
- Sick Leave can also be availed without Medical Certificate for a maximum period of 10 days in a calendar year.
Maternity/ Paternity Leave
- Maternity leave facility will be available to a biological mother in cases where the child is born through surrogacy.
- With effect from the 1st June 2015, male employees with less than two surviving children shall be eligible for 15 days Paternity Leave during his wife’s confinement.
Extra Ordinary Leave
- When all your leaves are exhausted, you will also be eligible for extraordinary leave on loss of pay.
- In a single stretch, the maximum duration of leaves can be 3 months on any one occasion.
- In the entire service the duration can be a maximum of 24 months.
- The time that you are on leave will not be added in your service for increments and promotions, date will be postponed.
Friends this was a brief idea about leave structure in Public sector Banks. If you have any queries/questions, feel free to ask them in the comments section below and we will be glad to answer them for you.
Not Selected this time?? Worry Not ! Click here to enroll for Comprehensive Preparation Package for Bank Exam