This article covers: Vacancies across RRC, RRC Group ‘D’ Salary, RRC Group ‘D’ Eligibility, RRC Group D Selection Procedure, RRC Group D Online Exam Pattern, RRC Group D Application Procedure, List of RRC, their web address and Helpline numbers, Steps to submit the ONLINE Application, RRC Group D Important Dates.
Government of India, Ministry of Railways and Railway Recruitment Cells are inviting applications from eligible Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) for the erstwhile 1844 Group ‘D’ vacancies. This is a special recruitment drive to fill up backlog vacancies against the quota for Persons with Disabilities (PWD) and RRC/N.Rly. has been nominated as nodal RRC for submission of ONLINE applications and conduct of examination.
Female PWD candidates are also eligible for all the posts.
RRC Total Vacancies for Group D : 1844
Name of RRC and corresponding vacancies in Group D are mentioned below :
|No.||Name of RRC||Rly.||OH||VH||HH||TOTAL|
RRC Group ‘D’ Salary
- Scale of Pay: Rs. 5200-20200
- Grade Pay: Rs 1800
- Emoluments on initial appointment will be minimum pay of the Pay Band plus Grade Pay plus other allowances as admissible at that time.
RRC Group ‘D’ Eligibility
1. Age Limit (as on 01.01.2016):
|NO.||AGE GROUP||UPPER DATE OF BIRTH||LOWER D.O.B. All|
** (including 10 years relaxation available for PWD candidates)
2. Educational Qualification (on the date of submission of online application)
Candidates should have either of the following educational qualifications:
- 10th passed OR
- ITI equivalent OR
- National Apprenticeship Certificate (NAC) granted by NCVT
Those awaiting results of the final examination need NOT apply.
RRC Group D Selection Procedure
- Written Exam : ONLINE exam will be conducted by the nodal RRC.
- The results will be prepared RRC wise (based on their vacancies) and will be sent to respective RRCs. Therefore, the selection in this examination will be subject to number of vacancies advertised by that RRC concerned. After the results are announced, documents verification and medical examination will be held in the RRC you have opted for.
NOTE 1: NO centralised merit list will be formed. Your selection will depend upon the RRC you have chosen in the Online Application and will be confined to the number of vacancies notified by that RRC only, in your respective PH category.
NOTE 2: You must ensure before selecting the Zonal Railway for applying Online that vacancies for your particular Physical Disability is available on that particular Zonal Railway.
RRC Group D Online Exam Pattern
- No. of questions: 100
- Negative marking : Yes. There shall be penalty (Negative marking) in online examination of 1/3rd marks for each wrong answer.
- Sections: Mathematics, Reasoning and General Awareness.
- Duration of the examinations : 90 minutes. Extra time of 30 minutes shall be allowed to the VH candidates, where scribe is allowed.
RRC Group D Application Procedure
You are required to submit ONLINE application for the post(s)of that RRC to which you want to apply (List of websites is given below). Steps to submit application are given below:
List of RRC, their web address and Helpline numbers.
|No.||Name of RRC||RRC||Web Address||Helpline|
Steps to submit the ONLINE Application
- Visit the website of the RRC/NR or to any of the RRCs.
- Click on the ONLINE/E-Application SRDPH link on the bottom of the Page.
- On selecting ONLINE Registration a Window will appear.
- Register your name, mobile no. and E-mail ID and then press enter.
- You will receive one OTP (One Time Password) on your mobile no. immediately, which you shall insert in the field “Insert OTP” of given window and then click on Register button.
- Select the RRC to which the you want to submit the application.
- Fill in the basic details viz. name father’s name, date of Birth, Community, PWD category, Mailing address and other details related to 10th certificate etc. The details should match with that of 10th class certificate/mark sheet.
- On successful registration another button “APPLY NOW” will appear in the same window. On clicking “APPLY NOW” a confirmation page having fields in detail will appear with heading “APPLICATION FORM DETAILS”.
- Go through the page.
- If any of the inserted fields requires editing, click on EDIT button and edit the contents otherwise if all details are correct, click on the “SAVE DETAILS” button.
- On clicking the “SAVE DETAILS” another window will appear for uploading the Photo, Signature and Thumb Impression. (xi) Upload your colour photograph (size 3.5cmx3.5cm not earlier than three months from the date of application in colour JPG/JPEG FORAMT. 100 DPL size of the file should be between (20kb-50kb) with clear front view of your face without cap and sunglasses.
- If you are availing services of Scribe, you will be required to upload photograph of Scribe also.
- Once the details are saved no opportunity will be available for editing the inserted data. Hence you should take utmost care to review the fields in detail.
- Another window having application form details including registration no. will appear.
- You should preserve this registration no. for future correspondence.
- Save the application. Take print out of the application/acknowledgement for records.
Examination Fee: There is no Examination fee for this special recruitment drive.
RRC Group D Important Dates
- Date of Notification: 1st January 2016.
- Last Date for Submission of Online Application: 31st January 2016 till 17:00 hours (5 pm).
- Date of Online Application: 15th to 18th February 2016.
Friends this is it for RRC Group D notification and details. If you have any queries please feel free to ask them in the comments section below. We will be glad to answer them for you.