This article covers the following: Names/ vacancies of RRB NTPC graduate level posts, RRB NTPC Graduate Level Selection Procedure, RRB NTPC Graduate Level Eligibility Criteria, Important dates of RRB NTPC Graduate level examination, Steps to apply for RRB NTPC Graduate Level Examination, names and websites of participating RRBs in NTPC exam, Official notifications in English
The biggest recruiter of the country, Indian Railway has released Official ‘Centralized Employment Notice’ inviting eligible Indian nationals for filling up applications for a total of 18252 Non Technical Popular Categories (NTPC) Graduate posts for various Zonal Railways/Production Units in Indian Railway. The NTPC posts along with number of vacancies is given below:
|Category No.||Name of the RRB NTPC posts||No. of Vacancies|
|1||Commercial Apprentice (CA)||703|
|2||Traffic Apprentice (TA)||1645|
|3||Enquiry-cum-Reservation Clerk (ECRC)||127|
|5||Junior Accounts Assistant-cum-Typist (JAA)||1205|
|7||Assistant Station Master (ASM)||5942|
|9||Senior Time Keeper||4|
In this article
RRB NTPC Graduate Level Selection Procedure
- The candidates are required to fill a single application online.
- There will be a single stage common Computer Based Test (CBT) for all the above vacancies.
- There will be NEGATIVE MARKING of 1/3rd marks of the the marks alloted to the question for every wrong answer.
- This will be followed by an aptitude test/Typing skill test.
RRB NTPC Graduate Level Eligibility Criteria:
1. Age Limit (as on 01.01.2016):
The general/UR candidates in the age group 18-32 are eligible for RRB NTPC examination.
Add +3 for OBC and +5 for SC/ST candidates.
The date of birth of candidates should be between the dates given below:(Both dates inclusive)
|Age Group||Upper Date of Birth||Lower Date of Birth for all|
Please Note: Upper age limit in case of widows, divorced women and women judicially separated from husband shall be 35 years for Unreserved, 38 for OBC and 40 for SC/ST/
2. Educational Qualification
a) Candidates should have Degree from recognized University or its equivalent for all the posts and Typing Proficiency in English/Hindi for Junior Accounts Assistant-cum-Typist (JAA), Senior Clerk-cum-Typist and Senior Time Keeper.
b) Candidates with degrees obtained through non formal/distance education are also eligible, provided they have completed 12 years of schooling through an examination conducted by Board/University OR has passed an entrance test conducted by University AND is not below 18 years of age as on July 1st of the year of submission of ONLINE examination (2015).
c) If you are awaiting results for final examination , you are NOT eligible for this exam.
RRB NTPC Graduate Level Examination Fee:
The examination fee for General/OBC MALE candidates is ₹100(Rupees one hundred only.)
There is no examination fee for candidates belonging to SC/ST/Ex-servicemen/Women/Minorities/Transgenders/PWD and Economically backward classes.
Important dates for RRB NTPC Graduate Level Examination
- Date of Publication of Detailed Notification : 26th December 2015.
- Online Application will commence from : 26th December 2015.
- Last date for receipt of Application : The online application, complete in all aspects can be submitted to RRB concerned up to January 25th, 2016 (up to 23.59 hours).
- Date of RRB Online Exam: March to May, 2016. The exam will conducted on same day(s) for all the participants during March-May 2016.
Steps to apply for RRB NTPC Graduate Level Examination
- Candidates are required to apply through ONLINE mode to ANY ONE RRB ONLY. (See below for list of participating RRBs and their websites).
- Please remember application to more than one RRB will lead to rejection of all the applications.
- Visit the website of RRB concerned.
- Go through the instructions by clicking here.
- Click on ‘ONLINE/E-Application’ link.
- Click on “New Registration” link.
- Fill up basic details. On submission of required details, you will receive an email on your mail ID.
- You will receive confirmation email on your email id.
- Log in using Registration Number and password.
- Fill up the details such as educational qualification etc.
- You will be required to choose option/preference for category and posts.
- Upload scanned copy of photograph, signature and required documents. (caste certificates).
- Do online payment of the fee (if not exempted ) through internet banking/Debit Cards or through challan in any branch of SBI or Post Office.
- Verify filled form and submit it before due date.
Following RRBs are participating in this Mega Recruitment by Indian Railways:
Click on the website to apply:
|Allahabad||www.rrbald.gov.in – View Details|
|Chennai||www.rrbchennai.gov.in – View Details|
|Patna||www.rrbpatna.gov.in – View Details|
We will publish job profiles and expected salaries of all Non Technical Popular Category posts soon. Please let us know which post you would apply for in this exam (preference order). If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in the comments section below and we will be glad to answer them for you.