India Post Payment Bank Exam Pattern – Complete Details
Kindly bookmark this page (Ctrl + D on keyboard) for receiving all latest updates on India Post Payment Bank Examination.
India Post Payment Bank Exam Pattern
The India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) is a state owned commercial bank in India. The bank would use the existing network of the public-sector postal service, India Post.
In order to recruit candidates, IPPB will conduct an online examination. The structure of the examinations which will be conducted online are as follows:
|#||Name of Test||No. of Q’s||Maximum Marks||Duration|
Candidates have to qualify in each of the three tests by securing cut-off marks to be decided by IPPB. Adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by IPPB depending upon requirements will be shortlisted for the Online Main Examination.
|#||Name of Test||No. of Questions||Max. Marks||Medium of Exam|
|1||Reasoning||50||50||English & Hindi|
|3||Computer Knowledge||20||20||English & Hindi|
|4||General Awareness (with special reference to banking)||40||40|
|5||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||English & Hindi|
|TOTAL||200||200||English & Hindi|
IPPB reserves the right to modify the structure of the examination which will be intimated through its authorized website. Other detailed information regarding the examination will be given in an Information Handout, which will be made available for the candidates to download along with the call letters from the authorized IPPB website.
Penalty for Wrong Answers (Applicable to both – Preliminary and Main examination) There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score. If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
Allotment of Scores
- The corrected scores obtained by each of the candidates in different sessions (if held) will be normalized using equi-percentile method.
- Scores up to two decimal points shall be taken for the purpose of calculations.
Cut-off Score (Online main examination)
Each candidate will be required to obtain a minimum score in each test of Online Main examination and also a minimum total score to be considered to be shortlisted for interview. Depending on the number of vacancies available, cut-offs will be decided and candidates will be shortlisted for interview. Prior to the completion of the interview process, scores obtained in the online Main examination will not be shared with the candidates shortlisted for interview.
Process for Arriving at Scores The Scores of Online Examination are obtained by adopting the following procedure:
i. Number of questions answered correctly by a candidate in each objective test is considered for arriving at the Corrected Score after applying penalty for wrong answers.
ii. The Corrected Scores so obtained by a candidate are made equivalent to take care of the minor difference in difficulty level, if any, in each of the objective tests held in different sessions to arrive at the Equated Scores. Scores obtained by candidates on any test are equated to the base form by considering the distribution of scores of all the forms.
iii. Test Wise scores and scores on total is reported with decimal point up to two digits.
Note: Cutoffs are applied in two stages:
- On scores in individual tests
- On Total Score
MARKS OBTAINED IN THE MAIN EXAMINATION ONLY WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR SHORTLISTING FOR INTERVIEW AND ALSO FOR FINAL MERIT LISTING
Important Instructions – India Post Payment Bank Exam
Please note that candidates will not be permitted to appear for the IPPB (Preliminary as well as Main Examination) without the following documents:
- Valid Call Letter for the respective date and session of Examination
- Photo-identity proof (as specified) in original bearing the same name as it appears on the call letter/ application form and
- Photocopy of photo-identity proof (as mentioned in (2) above) Candidates reporting late i.e. after the reporting time specified on the call letter of the examination will not be permitted to take the examination.
Candidates who have been shortlisted in the main examination for IPPB will subsequently be called for an Interview to be conducted by IPPB. Interviews will be conducted at select centres.
The centre, address of the venue, time & date of Interview will be informed to the shortlisted candidates in the call letter. Candidates are required to download their interview call letters from the authorized IPPB website.
Please note that any request regarding change in date, centre etc. of interview will not be entertained.
The total marks allotted for Interview are 100.
The minimum qualifying marks in interview will not be less than 40% (35% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates). The weightage (ratio) of Main exam and interview will be 80:20 respectively.
The combined final score of candidates shall be arrived at on the basis of scores obtained by the candidates in the Main Examination and Interview.
- Interview score of the candidates failing to secure minimum qualifying marks or otherwise barred from the interview or further process shall not be disclosed.
- A candidate should qualify both in the Main Examination and interview and be sufficiently high in the merit to be shortlisted for subsequent provisional allotment process, details of which will be made available subsequently on IPPB website.
- While appearing for the Interview, the candidate should produce valid prescribed documents given below. In the absence of documents candidature of the candidates shall be cancelled.
- IPPB shall take no responsibility to receive/ collect any certificate/remittance/ document sent separately List of Documents to be produced at the time.
Kindly bookmark this page (Ctrl + D on keyboard) for receiving all latest updates on India Post Payment Bank Exam updates.