IES Officer Job Profile – All that you need to know.
IES Officer Job Profile
Indian Engineering Services include technical and managerial services for government of India. According to their esteemed position and crucial role, they are paid well.
IES Officer Career Growth
- In the starting of their career after selection, they are designated as an Assistant Executive Engineer or Assistant Director.
- After experience of 3 to 4 years, they are promoted to executive engineer, director or work manager. In completion of 8 years of services, they become deputy general manager or joint director.
- Over 13 years of experience, they are able to get promoted to joint general manager or chief engineer of level 2.
- After 20 years of experience is enough to become chief engineer or additional general manager.
- Providing 30 years of services to the government of India able them to be at the position of senior general manager or engineer-in-chief.
- The best performance of the IES officers with experience of 34 years leads them to become chairman or managing director of governmental organisation.
IES Officer Salary Details
IES Officers salary scales are the same as that of other All India Services/ Civil Services. According to pay and allowance policies in the organizations they serve the total emoluments may vary.
|LEVEL||PAY SCALE||GRADE PAY||Timeframe|
|Junior (Entry) Level||Rs.15600 – 39100/-||Rs.5400/-||On Joining|
|Senior Scale||Rs.15600/- 39100/-||Rs.6600/-||(5-6 years after joining IES)|
|Junior Administrative Grade||Rs.15600-39100/-||Rs.7600/-||(Minimum 10 years after entry)|
|Selection Grade Pay||Rs.37400-6700/-||Rs.8700/-||(20 years or more after entry)|
|Super Time Scale||Rs.37400 – Rs.67000||Pay Rs.8700/-|
|Super Time Scale||Rs.37400 – Rs.67000||Rs.10,000|
|Super Time Scale||Rs.37400 – Rs.67000||Rs.10,000.00|
|Apex Pay Scale||Rs.80,000/-||No Grade Pay||Fixed|
|Cabinet Secretary Grade||Rs,90,000/-||No Grade Pay||Fixed|
Indian Engineering Service officers are among the top recipients of a good deal of privileges and allowances. The IES Officer Job Profile offers lucrative opportunities. Senior officers who take up responsibilities like heading a public sector corporation get the treatment of a prince in the township. At the very young age they reach a very senior position and many high ranking officers report to them. See below a list of allowances and privileges available for IES Officers.
- Residential Quarters (Type IV to Type VIII) OR HRA
- Official Vehicle
- Dearness Allowance
- CGHS Medical Facility
- Leave Travel Allowance/ Tour Allowance
- Provident Fund (Where IDA Applicable)
- Leave Encashment
- Personal Assistant
- Domestic Servant
- Click here to check IES Civil Engineering Syllabus.
- Click here to check IES Mechanical Syllabus.
- Click here to check IES Electrical Engineering Syllabus.
- Click here to check Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering Syllabus.
- View here the official IES 2017 Notification
Kindly bookmark this page (Ctrl + D on keyboard) for receiving all updates on latest salary on IES examination and related details.