IDBI Executive Preparation Strategy for examination 2016.
IDBI Executive Preparation Tips Plan:
Today we will be discuss IDBI Executive Preparation Plan for exam to help you score better in all sections.
IDBI Executive Exam Pattern 2016:
|S. No||Type of Exam||Subjects||Total No.of Questions||Marks||Duration|
- IDBI Executive exam will comprise of 3 sections i.e Reasoning Ability, Quantitative Aptitude & English Language.
- A total of 150 question will be asked in exam dividedequally in Reasoning, Quant & English Respectively.
- Candidates will have a composite time of 90 minutes to solve all the sections.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 for every wrong answer.
- We advice you to go through syllabus and IDBI Executive preparation tips to score better in your IDBI Executive Exam.
IDBI Executive Preparation Plan: How to Score better in IDBI Executive
IDBI Executive Prep Plan: 10 tips to crack IDBI Executive Exam
1. The most important thing to remember is that marks of clerk will not be added to your overall marks. This means you do not need to be the topper or score maximum marks in clerk . Clearing the is enough. With only a few days left, focus on the following three factors.
a. Time management- It is concerned with how do you attempt the question paper to ensure you do not miss any questions. How to divide the time among sections and in what order questions should be attempted?
b. Accuracy- Make sure that you minimise the number of wrong answers and negative marking, so that marks per question gets maximized
c. Speed- How to improve the speed to attempt questions faster? How to do quick calculations? How to increase reading speed?
2. Manage your time in such a way that you are able to go through all the questions at least once in the exam. The reason behind it is there are many questions which are deliberately designed to be complex and end up grabbing the lion’s share of time. A good time management strategy helps you identify questions which are easier and hence, can be solved in less time.
3. For the perfect time management strategy we got in touch with candidates who cleared last year’s examination and came to the following conclusion
a) Go for the English section first. It takes minimum time and you should be able to complete it in 10-15 minutes max. section takes minimum time. You should be able to attempt it in about 10-15 minutes.
4. In individual sections, attempt the questions in the following order: first the questions you know and can solve quickly, then the questions you think you can do but are time consuming. Remember never try and waste your time attempting the questions you are not confident of solving. There are a lot of other questions to solve and score. Your aim is to clear the paper, not top it. You can attempt the questions in two phases – in first phase attempt the questions which are easy and take less time to solve. In the second phase(if time permits) attempt questions which are hard. This way you will be able to clear sectional cutoffs and get a high score.
5. In English, only guess if you are at least 40-50% sure of the answer, i.e. you will be able to eliminate 2-3 options.
6. For Quantitative Aptitude, there is no scope for guessing. Your aim is to have 100% accuracy. Attending less questions with higher accuracy is more rewarding than attempting more questions with less accuracy. Double check your solutions and be extremely conscious. Prepare the following topics for Quantitative Aptitude section of IDBI Executive 2015. (Click on the topic to see concepts, tips tricks, video solutions and attempt quizzes)
7. Logical reasoning: This section also requires 100% accuracy. Do not blindly try to solve all the questions and aim for the highest marks. Instead attempt questions from the following topics:
8. Although speed matters a lot, it can sometimes come at the cost of accuracy. Generally the following type of questions require speed.
a) Reading Comprehension: You can consider reading the questions first before reading the passage. This way, while reading the passage itself, you will be able to mark the answers and all questions will be done in only one reading of the passage.
Mock Tests and Mentorships
9. In the last 15 days, attempt atleast 1 mock test daily with honesty for 1 hour duration. Appearing for mock tests help you gauge your preparation levels and help you improve upon them, if necessary.
10. Online mock tests simulate the official online exam scenario, enabling you to experience the exam in real time and get acquainted about navigation in the exam application. After attempting online mock test, you can evaluate your performance and identify which questions took the maximum time and avoid taking them in IDBI Executive exam. You can also see your response vs the correct response and detailed solutions in the mock test. Follow this up with a mentorship call with expert to help address the critical lacunae in your preparation.
Friends this is it for IDBI Executive Preparation Plan and tips. Feel free to ask us any queries and questions you have in the comments section below and we will be glad to answer them for you. We wish you all the very best for your IDBI Executive exam.