With IBPS Specialist Notification out this week, the race for IBPS SO 2015 has started. The exam is for the following posts in Scale I.
IBPS SO Scale I:
- I.T. Officer
- Agricultural Field Officer
- Rajbhasha Adhikari
- Law Officer
- HR/Personnel Officer
- Marketing Officer
Today we will take up IBPS Specialist Law Officer. Lets start with eligibility.
Eligibility for IBPS SO Law Officer Scale I
1. Age (As on 01.11.2015):
Minimum: 20 years
Maximum: 30 years
What this essentially means is that a candidate must have been born on or after 02.11.1985 and on/before 01.11.1995.
(add +3 yrs for OBC, +5yrs for SC/ST, +10yrs for PWD)
2. Educational Qualifications:
The candidate should have a Bachelor Degree in Law (LLB) and must be enrolled as an advocate with the Bar Council.
Pattern for IBPS SO Law Officer Scale I
The pattern for IBPS SO Law Officer Scale I is as follows:
|S. No.||Sections||Maximum Marks||Total Time|
|4||Professional Knowledge (Law)||75|
Syllabus for IBPS SO Law Officer Scale I
The Syllabus for IBPS SO Law Officer Scale I 2015 covers the following topics:
1) Banking Regulation & Compliance and Legal Aspects
a) RBI’s Constitution and Objectives
b) Banking Regulation Act, 1949
c) Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934
d) Credit Information Bureau (India)
e) Banker-Customer Relationship
f) Payment and Collection of Cheques and Other Negotiable Instruments
g) Types of Collaterals and their Characteristics
h) Foreign Exchange Management Act,1999
i) The Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002
2) Banking Regulated Important Laws
a) Limitation Act, 1993
b) Banker’s Books Evidence Act, 1891
c) The Recovery of Debts due to Banks and Financial Institutions (DRT) Act,1993
d) Securitisation and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Security Interest (SARFAESI) Act, 2002
e) Miscellaneous Provisions Consumer Protection Act, 1986
f) The Banking Ombudsman Scheme, 2006
g) Procedure for Redressal of Grievance
h) Lok Adalats
3) Commercial Laws with Reference to Banking Operation
a) Contracts of Guarantee
b) Contracts of Bailment
c) Contracts of Pledge
d) Contracts of Agency
e) Meaning and Essentials of a Contract of Sale
f) Definition, Meaning and Nature of Partnership
g) Dissolution of a Firm
h) Effects of Non-Registration
i) Definition and Features of Company
j) Types of Companies
k) Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association
l) Doctrines of Ultra/Constructive Notice/Indoor Management
m) Transfer of Property Act, 1882
n) The Right to Information Act, 2005
o) Right to Information and Obligation of Public Authorities
p) Information Technology Act, 2000
Preparation Tips/Study Plan for IBPS SO Law Officer Scale I
With more than two months remaining for IBPS SO Law Officer Scale I examination, you can complete each and every topic mentioned above in a comprehensive manner.
1. Start Reading Newspapers daily. It is full of relevant information related to topics mentioned above. Read it for 1-2 hours daily.
2. Refer the following book for Law preparation:
- IBPS-CWE Specialist Officer Cadre Law Officer Scale I Online Exam 2015 – Arihant
3. For English, Reasoning and General Awareness refer our preparation tips and strategies for IBPS PO, RBI Grade B. Prepare one topic daily. Click here to read tips on English , Reasoning and General Awareness
4. Find a quiet place to study. Crowed noisy places can be distracting and you will not be able to get much studying done. Experiment with different places until you find the one that works for you.
5. Improve your reading speed. It will come handy while studying. Click here to increase your reading speed now.
6. Practice mock tests on law . This will help you get a better understanding of the concepts of law as well as prepare you for the exam. To attempt Mock Tests for Law Officer specialization click here.
Friends this is it for IBPS SO Law Officer Scale I preparation. Feel free to ask us any queries or questions you have in the comments section below and we will have our Law expert answer them for you.