IBPS IT Officer Syllabus Preparation Tips Pattern Salary
IBPS SO IT Admit cards are out. Click here to download admit card.
As you know the exams have been postponed to 14th Feb 2016, giving you an ample opportunity to boost your preparation.
IBPS SO IT Officer Scale I Pattern
The pattern for IBPS SO IT Officer is as follows:
|S. No.||Sections||Maximum Marks||Total Time|
|4||Professional Knowledge (IT)||75|
IBPS SO IT Officer Scale I Syllabus
The Syllabus for IBPS SO IT Officer Scale I 2015 covers the following topics:
A) Data Base Management System (DBMS)
i. Entity Relationship Model
ii. Relational Model
d) Overview of SQL queries
e) E-R Diagrams
f) Transaction Management
B) Data Communication & Networking
a) Network Architecture
b) OSI Model
c) Transmission Control Protocol
d) Internet Protocol
e) Data Communication
f) IP Addressing and Subnetting
C) Operating System
a) Process in OS
c) Types of OS
f) Dead Lock
g) Memory Partitioning
h) Page Replacement
D) Computer organization + Hardware (Microprocessor)
a) Bus Structure
E) Network Security
a)Cryptography and System Security
b) Cyber Crimes
c) Risk Management
F) Software Engineering
a) Basics of Software Engineering
b) Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
c) Software Development Models
G) Data Structures
a)Basics of Data Structures
c) Linked List
H) Web Technologies
a) HTML Tags
I) Programming Languages (BASIC)
a) C: Complete course on C (programming language)
b) OOP (Object Oriented Programming)
IBPS SO IT Officer Eligibility
1. Age (As on 01.11.2015):
Minimum: 20 years
Maximum: 30 years
What this essentially means is that a candidate must have been born on or after 02.11.1985 and on/before 01.11.1995.
(add +3 yrs for OBC, +5yrs for SC/ST, +10yrs for PWD)
2. Educational Qualifications:
The candidate should have completed either one or all of the following till December 10, 2015 along with any one/multiple of the courses mentioned below:
a) 4 year Engineering/ Technology Degree in Computer Science/ Computer Applications/ Information Technology/ Electronics/ Electronics & Telecommunications/ Electronics & Communication/ Electronics & Instrumentation
b) Post Graduate Degree in Electronics/ Electronics & Tele Communication/ Electronics & Communication/ Electronics & Instrumentation/ Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Computer Applications
c) Graduate having passed DOEACC ‘B’ level
IBPS SO IT Officer Salary
Rs 14500 – 600/7 – 18700 – 700/2 – 20100 -800/7 – 25700/-
The IBPS SO Salary Cash in hand of Officer Scale 1 after appointment will be around Rs. 30000-38000/-.
IBPS SO IT Officer Preparation Tips/Study Plan
With more than two months remaining for IBPS SO IT Officer Scale I examination, you can complete each and every topic mentioned above in a comprehensive manner.
1. You can read newspapers for government policies on IT , apart from that subject specific books are your real assets.
2. Refer the following books for IT Specialist preparation:
- Data Structures using C and C++, Tannenbaum, 2nd edition 1995
- W. Stallings, Computer Organization and Architecture Designing for Performance 8th Edition 2009, Prentice Hall of India.
- Ramakrishanan, J. Gehrke, Database Management Systems 3rd Edition, McGraw-Hill 2002.
- A.S. Tanenbaum, Modern Operating Systems, 3rd Edition, Pearson Education 2007.
- B. A. Forouzan: Data Communications and Networking, Fourth edition, THM Publishing Company Ltd 2007.
- E. Balaguruswamy, Object Oriented Programming with C++ , 4th Edition, Tata McGraw Hill 1997
3. For English, Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude refer our preparation tips and strategies for IBPS PO, RBI Grade B. Prepare one topic daily. Click here to read tips on English , Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude .
4. Find a quiet place to study. Crowed noisy places can be distracting and you will not be able to get much studying done. Experiment with different places until you find the one that works for you.
5. Improve your reading speed. It will come handy while studying and solving the paper.
6. Practice mock tests on IT. This will help you get a better understanding of the IT concepts as well as prepare you for the exam.
Friends this is it for IBPS SO IT Officer Scale I preparation. Feel free to ask us any queries or questions you have in the comments section below and we will have our IBOS SO IT Officer expert answer them for you.