With IBPS Specialist Notification out this week, the race for IBPS SO 2015 has started. The exam is for the following posts in Scale I.
IBPS SO Scale I:
- I.T. Officer
- Agricultural Field Officer
- Rajbhasha Adhikari
- Law Officer
- HR/Personnel Officer
- Marketing Officer
We will do an in depth analysis of one specialization of IBPS SO 2015 daily , covering its eligibility, pattern, syllabus and preparation tips.
Today we will take up IBPS Specialist HR Officer. Lets start with eligibility.
Eligibility for IBPS SO HR Officer Scale I
1. Age (As on 01.11.2015):
Minimum: 20 years
Maximum: 30 years
What this essentially means is that a candidate must have been born on or after 02.11.1985 and on/before 01.11.1995.
(add +3 yrs for OBC, +5yrs for SC/ST, +10yrs for PWD)
2. Educational Qualifications:
The candidate should have completed Graduation till December 10, 2015 along with any one/multiple of the courses mentioned below:
- Full time Post Graduate degree or Full time Post Graduate diploma in Personnel Management / Industrial Relations/ HR/HRD/ Social Work / Labour Law.
Pattern for IBPS SO HR Officer Scale I
The pattern for IBPS SO HR Officer is as follows:
|S. No.||Sections||Maximum Marks||Total Time|
|4||Professional Knowledge (HR)||75|
Syllabus for IBPS SO HR Officer Scale I
The Syllabus for IBPS SO HR Officer Scale I 2015 covers the following topics:
a) HRM in Banks:
- Human Resource Management in Banks
b) Industrial Relations:
- Industrial Disputes Ordinance, 1949;
- Payment of Wages Act, 1936;
- The Minimum Wages Act, 1948;
- Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972;
- Employers Provident Fund Scheme;
- Miscellaneous Provision Act;
- Maternity Benefit Act 1961;
- The Payment of Bonus Act 1965;
- Equal Remuneration Act, 1976;
- Industrial Employment Act, 1946
c) Introduction to HRM:
- Nature and Scope of HRM,
- Functions of HRM,
- Models of HRM,
- Personnel Policies,
- Principles of HRM
d) Human Resource Planning:
- Definition, Objectives and elements
- Importance of Human Resource Planning
e) Job Design, Analysis and Evaluation:
- Job Design: Definition, Importance and Factors Affecting Job Design
- Elements of Job Design; Job Analysis: Process
- Importance of Job Analysis; Job Evaluation: Overview
- Theory and Meaning
- Process of Recruitment
- Training and Development
- Process and Ideas
- Induction and Orientation
g) Personnel Related:
- Employee Socialization and Orientation
- Promotion and Demotion in HRM
- Transfers in HRM, Separation in HRM
- Retirement Compensation and Benefits
- Management by Objectives (MOB)
- Performance Appraisal
- Productivity and Morale
- Employee Counselling
- Employee Welfare
- Employee Safety and Health
- Disciplinary Procedure
- Grievance Procedure
- Theories on Motivation
- Job Satisfaction,
h) Union Management:
- Trade Unionism
- Collective Bargaining
- Workers Participation in Management
Preparation Tips/Study Plan for IBPS SO HR Officer Scale I
With more than two months remaining for IBPS SO HR Officer Scale I examination, you can complete each and every topic mentioned above in a comprehensive manner.
1. Start Reading The Hindu and other newspapers daily. It is full of relevant information related to topics mentioned above. Read it for 1-2 hours daily.
2. Refer the following books for HR preparation:
3. For English, Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude refer our preparation tips and strategies for IBPS PO, RBI Grade B. Prepare one topic daily. Click here to read tips on English , Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude .
4. Find a quiet place to study. Crowed noisy places can be distracting and you will not be able to get much studying done. Experiment with different places until you find the one that works for you.
5. Improve your reading speed. It will come handy while studying. Click here to increase your reading speed now.
6. Practice mock tests on HR. This will help you get a better understanding of the HR concepts as well as prepare you for the exam. To attempt mock tests on HR specialization click here.
Friends this is it for IBPS SO HR Officer Scale I preparation. Feel free to ask us any queries or questions you have in the comments section below and we will have our HR expert answer them for you.