IBPS RRB Eligibility Criteria 2020, Check Out IBPS RRB Age Limit, Educational Qualification, Experience etc at ibps.in.
IBPS RRB Eligibility Criteria 2020 for All Post – Check Detail
IBPS RRB Eligibility Criteria 2020: IBPS RRB Recruitment Notification 2020 Out. Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) has released IBPS RRB Recruitment Notification. As per the IBPS this year, Date of Preliminary Exam for Officers Scale I: September/ October 2020, Date of Preliminary Exam for Office Asst: September/ October 2020.
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) has released the IBPS RRB 2020 advertisement for the recruitment of Group A Officers (Scale I, II, and III) and Group B Office Assistant (Multipurpose) in Regional Rural Banks (RRB) all across the country. The IBPS RRB notification PDF is available on the official website of IBPS. With 45 RRBs participating in IBPS RRB 2020 and more than 9640 vacancies announced, this is a huge opportunity for banking aspirants from all across the country. Online registration for IBPS RRB 2020 will begin on 01st July 2020 and will continue till 21st July 2020.
IBPS RRB is a national-level exam conducted every year. Around 15 lakh candidates appear for the exam making it one of the most competitive exams in India. Owing to the decent salary, learning opportunities, and great career prospects, IBPS RRB is one of the most sought-after jobs in India. Candidates planning to apply for the exam must have a clear knowledge of every aspect of it – IBPS RRB eligibility criteria 2020 important dates, eligibility criteria, registration process, exam pattern, syllabus, etc.
IBPS RRB Eligibility Criteria 2020 – Important Highlight
Before getting into the details of IBPS RRB Eligibility Criteria, let’s have an overview of the exam:
|Name of the Exam||IBPS RRB 2020|
|Conducting Body||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)|
|Purpose of the Exam||Selection of IBPS RRB Group A Officers (Scale 1, 2, and 3) and Group B Office Assistant (Multipurpose) in Regional Rural Banks (RRBs)|
|Number of Vacancies||9640|
|Location of Posting||All over India|
|Job Type||Government Job|
|Number of Phases||Office Assistant: Two (Prelims & Mains)
Officer Scale 1: Three (Prelims, Mains & Interview)
Officer Scale 2 & 3: (Mains & Interview)
IBPS RRB Recruitment 2020 Important Dates
- Starting Date for Registration & Payment of Fee: 01-07-2020
- Last Date for Registration & Payment of Fee: 21-07-2020
- Last Date for Editing Application Details: 21-07-2020
- Last Date for Printing Your Application: 05-08-2020
- Date of Download Call Letter of Pre-Exam Training: 12-08-2020
- Date of Conduct of Pre-Exam Training: 24 to 29-08-2020
- Date of Download of call letters for online Preliminary examination: August 2020
- Date of Preliminary Exam: September/ October 2020
- Date of Declaration of Preliminary Exam Results: October 2020
- Date of Download of Call letter for Online exam – Main/ Single: October/November 2020
- Date of Main/ Single Exam: October/ November 2020
- Declaration of Main/ Single Exam Result (For Officers Scale I, II, III): October/ November 2020
- Date of Download of call letters for interview (For Officers Scale I, II, III): October/ November 2020
- Date of Interview (For Officers Scale I, II, III): October/ November 2020
- Provisional Allotment (For Officers Scale I, II, III & Office Assistant.
(Multipurpose)): January 2021
IBPS RRB Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the exam, Candidates must go through the IBPS RRB eligibility criteria for the respective posts. Applicants must meet all the eligibility criteria for the post they are applying.
A candidate must be either –
(i) a Citizen of India or
(ii) a subject of Nepal or
(iii) a subject of Bhutan or
(iv) a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling
in India or
(v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya,
Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and
Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
IBPS RRB Eligibility Criteria – Age Limit for IBPS RRB Exam
The age criteria for different posts are tabulated below:
|Office Assistant (Multipurpose)||18-28 years (Should not have been born before 2nd June 1992 or after 1st June 2002)|
|Officer Scale I (Assistant Manager)||18-30 years (Should not have been born before 3rd June 1990 or after 31st May 2002)|
|Officer Scale-II (Manager)||21-32 years (Should not have been born before 3rd June 1988 or after 31st May 1999)|
|Officer Scale III (Senior Manager)||21-40 years (Should not have been born before 3rd June 1980 or after 31st May 1999)|
Note that both dates (for each post) are inclusive. Candidates belonging to reserved categories have a relaxation of upper age limit as follows:
IBPS RRB Educational Qualification & Experience
The educational qualification and experience required for the different posts of IBPS RRB are tabulated below:
|Office Assistant (Multipurpose)||a. Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized University or its equivalentb. Proficiency in local language as prescribed by the participating RRB/s*c. Desirable: Working knowledge of Computer.||—-|
|Officer Scale-I (Assistant Manager)||a. Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized University or its equivalent Preference will be given to the candidates having degree in Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Science, Agricultural Engineering, Pisciculture, Agricultural Marketing and Cooperation, Information Technology, Management, Law, Economics or Accountancy;b. Proficiency in local language as prescribed by the participating RRB/s*c. Desirable: working knowledge of Computer.||—-|
|Officer Scale-II General Banking Officer (Manager)||a. Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized University or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate. Preference will be given to the candidates having degree in Banking, Finance, Marketing, Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Science, Agricultural Engineering, Pisciculture, Agricultural Marketing and Cooperation, Information Technology, Management, Law, Economics and Accountancy.||Two years as an officer in a Bank or Financial Institution.|
|Officer Scale-II Specialist Officers (Manager)||Information Technology Officer
a. Bachelor’s degree from a recognised University in Electronics / Communication / Computer Science / Information Technology or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.b. Desirable:
Certificate in ASP, PHP, C++, Java, VB, VC, OCP etc.
|One year (in the relevant field)|
a. Certified Associate (CA) from Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
|One Year as a Chartered Accountant.|
a. Degree from a recognised University in Law or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
|Two years as an advocate or should have worked as Law Officer in Banks or Financial Institutions for a period of not less than two years|
a. Chartered Accountant or MBA in Finance from a recognized university/ institution
|One Year (in the relevant field)|
a. MBA in Marketing from a recognized university
|One Year (in the relevant field)|
a. Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture/ Horticulture/ Dairy/ Animal Husbandry/ Forestry/ Veterinary Science/ Agricultural Engineering/ Pisciculture from a recognized university or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate
|Two Years (in the relevant field)|
|Officer Scale-III (Senior Manager)||a. Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized University or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate. Preference will be given to the candidates having Degree/ Diploma in Banking, Finance, Marketing, Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Science, Agricultural Engineering, Pisciculture, Agricultural Marketing and Co-operation, Information Technology, Management, Law, Economics and Accountancy.||Minimum 5 years experience as an Officer in a Bank or Financial Institutions|
- The result for the respective qualifying degrees should have been declared on or before 4th July 2019,
- The percentage should be calculated by dividing the total marks obtained in all the subjects in all semester(s)/year(s) by maximum marks in all the subjects (irrespective of honours/optional/additional optional subject, if any) and multiplying by 100.
- The fraction of percentage will be ignored i.e. 59.99% will be treated as less than 60% and 54.99% will be treated as less than 55%.
The educational qualification and experience requirements are different for the different posts of IBPS RRB 2019.
IBPS RRB 2020 Eligibility Criteria for PWD
IBPS RRB 2020 gives relaxation to various categories in terms of age limit which includes candidates belonging to Persons with Disability. Candidate can apply for IBPS RRB 2020 examination under PwD category if he/she suffers from the disability not less than 40% certified by Medical Board. It is important to carry documents, certifying the claim, issued by authority of medical boards under central/state government. PwD category includes candidates with following disabilities:
- Visually Impaired- This category includes candidates with total blindness, visual acuity not exceeding 6/60 or 20/200 (Snellen) in the better eye with correcting lenses and limitation of the field of vision subtending in angle of 20 degrees or worse.
- Deaf and Hearing Impaired- Hearing impairment means loss of sixty decibels or more in the better ear in the conversational range of frequencies. Such candidates experience total loss of hearing ability in both the ears.
- Orthopedically Challenged- Candidates who have locomotor disability or cerebral palsy with locomotor impairment of minimum of 40% can apply for IBPS RRB under this category. Also, candidates who fall in the following categories are eligible to apply for IBPS RRB 2019:
- BL – Both legs affected but not arms OA – One arm affected (R or L),Impaired reach,Weakness of grip,Ataxia
- OL – One leg affected (R and or L)
- MW – Muscular weakness and limited physical endurance
IBPS RRB Proficiency in Local Language:
For the recruitment of Officer Scale 1 & Office Assistant, proficiency in the local language is the essential requirement as prescribed by the participating RRBs.
Applicants can apply for one State only. S/he must be able to read, write, & speak the official language of that state. Check the List of Regional Rural bank in India.
The proficiency in a local language will be considered only if the candidate has studied it in standard VIII or above.
If a candidate does not meet this requirement then s/he will be given a six-month time duration to acquire the proficiency after the Date of Joining. However, such an extension should not be beyond the probation period.
Have a look at the simplified presentation of State-wise local language proficiency needed for IBPS RRB VIII Exam.
|State/UT||Desired Local Language Proficiency|
|Assam||Assamese, Bengali, Bodo|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Dogri, Kashmiri, Punjabi, Urdu, Gojri, Pahari, Ladakhi, Balti (Palli), Dardi, Hindi|
|Uttar Pradesh||Hindi, Urdu, Sanskrit|
|West Bengal||Bengali, Nepali|
|Puducherry||Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu|
Related Article: IBPS RRB Recruitment
|IBPS RRB Office Assistant Previous Year Papers||VIEW HERE|
|IBPS RRB Office Assistant Cutoff||VIEW HERE|
|IBPS RRB Office Assistant Job Profile||VIEW HERE|
|IBPS RRB Exam Pattern||VIEW HERE|
|IBPS RRB Preparation Tips for all sections||VIEW HERE|
|IBPS RRB Exam Update||VIEW HERE|
|Other Govt Jobs||VIEW HERE|