IBPS PO Preparation Tips. Highly Recommended Preparation Plan to Crack IBPS PO Exam 2020.
IBPS PO Preparation Tips For Prelims & Mains – Tips To Crack IBPS PO
In this article, we will discuss the pattern and preparation tips for IBPS PO Exam 2020. IBPS PO Preparation Plan should be formulated keeping in mind the very fact that it must take care of the candidate’s overall development. IBPS PO may be a highly competitive exam and so as to crack this exam with maximum score, one must be highly knowledgeable and skillful. Most of the candidates specialise in just improving their knowledge and finishing off the syllabus. While there’s no denying to the very fact that finishing off the IBPS PO syllabus with maximum efficiency is vital, it’s also crucial that candidates also specialise in improving their time management and question selection skills. Otherwise, you’ll find yourself losing marks because you won’t be ready to pack up the entire paper on time or make silly mistakes. Therefore, your IBPS PO preparation plan must take care of these aspects of a successful test-taking process.
IBPS PO Preparation Tips 2020: How To Crack IBPS PO Exam
The first thing to do before you plan your IBPS PO preparation is to be thorough with the IBPS PO syllabus and IBPS PO exam pattern. Check out the table below to have an overview of the IBPS PO exam:
|Stages||3 (Preliminary, Main, and Personal Interview)|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy – moderate|
|Negative Marking||0.25 marks|
|Time Duration||1 hour for Prelims and 3 hours 30 minutes for Mains|
|Maximum Marks||100 for Prelims and 225 for Mains|
Let us now look at the IBPS PO exam pattern for Prelims and Mains.
IBPS PO Exam Pattern For Prelims
|Sections||Total Number Of Questions/Maximum Marks|
IBPS PO Exam Pattern For Mains
|Sections||Total Number Of Questions/Maximum Marks|
|Data Analysis and Interpretation||35/60|
|Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||45/60|
|Total in Objective Test||155/200|
|English Language (Letter Writing and Essay)||2/25|
Each of the sections for both Prelims and Mains has a separate cutoff score that candidates must clear in order to appear for the next round. For Mains, candidates are recommended to score as high as possible since it is considered for final merit listing. Therefore, your IBPS PO preparation plan must be a well-structured and smart plan.
IBPS PO Exam Preparation Tips:
There is no secret to success in IBPS PO Exam. What you need is consistent efforts to excel in the IBPS PO exam.
- The first and the most crucial step should be to make a proper day-wise study plan for IBPS PO 2020.
- You can take the help of Previous Year IBPS Toppers as they will guide you the best regarding the Syllabus of the IBPS PO exam and Previous Year Questions Asked in the IBPS PO Exam.
- After making the Study Plan, give online mock test to Check where you Stand.
- From the mock Test analyze your weak areas and prepare for them.
- Practice as many mock tests as you can.
- Revise whatever you have studied regularly.
IBPS PO Exam Section Wise Preparation Tips:
If you prepare well, you can clear the IBPS PO exam in first attempt. But you have to prepare thoroughly for it as IBPS PO Exam is not that easy. Before you begin your preparation for IBPS PO, you should know about what to prepare for the exam because if you do not know correctly as what you have to study, your preparation can never be correct. Following are IBPS PO Exam preparation tips:
IBPS PO Preparation Tips for Reasoning Section:
Reasoning asked in IBPS PO Exam is purely based on logic and is not just a mathematical skill where you learn various formulas s and the work is done. The only strategy here is to practice all the sort of questions as many times as you can. Some of the important topics for the exam are
IBPS PO Preparation Tips for Quantitative Aptitude Section:
This section includes the essential questions to check your numerical ability. The best strategy is attempting only those questions first that are easy to aim and have fewer calculations. You need to start from basics. Build concepts gradually and practice the maximum amount as you’ll be able to memorize all the important shortcut techniques and. Some of the important topics for exam are:
- Number Systems.
- Number Series.
- Simple Interest & Compound Interest.
- Time & Work.
- Time & Distance.
- Profit & Loss.
- Ratio and Proportion.
- Data Interpretation.
IBPS PO Preparation Tips for English Language Section:
This is one of the toughest sections. You need to enhance your Basic English skills so as to excel within the exam. You need to learn basic concepts of English Grammar. Read good English magazines and newspapers to improve your reading skills. Some of the important topics for the exam are:
IBPS PO Preparation Tips for Banking Awareness section :
Banking Awareness or Financial Awareness or Economic Awareness section of the IBPS PO Exam will contain Questions based on Banking related issues and topics. You just got to keep yourself updated about current happenings and also bit knowledge of static GK that includes:
- Current Affairs of last 6 months.
- Topics related to finance and economics.
- History of Banking.
- Banking Terms.
- Fiscal & Monetary Policies.
IBPS PO Preparation Tips for Computer Knowledge section:
Computer Knowledge Questions asked in IBPS PO exam mainly contain questions related to basic knowledge about computer. So you need to be aware about computer here that includes:
- MS Office.
- Keyboard Shortcuts.
IBPS PO Preparation Tips To Plan Your IBPS PO Preparation
IBPS PO Preparation or preparation plans for any competitive exam should be formulated based on the candidate’s needs, convenience, strengths, and weaknesses.
Your IBPS PO preparation plan should be a personalized one as every candidate is different from others. However, certain key points must be kept in mind while you create your IBPS PO preparation plan.
- Create a timetable. Once you have a clear idea about the exam pattern and syllabus of IBPS PO, the next thing to do is create a realistic timetable. Remember that there is no point in creating a timetable to which you cannot stick to. So, spend just 5-6 hours daily for studying. Allocate more time for sections and chapters you are weak at and keep less time for your strong sections/chapters. Also, be ready to change your timetable as you go about with your IBPS PO preparation.
- Develop reading habits. Reading and writing plays crucial role in your IBPS PO Preparation. The English Language section, the General Awareness section, and the Computer Aptitude section require a lot of reading. You must also take down notes as you read, like a new word you have come across, or points about an important event. Read newspapers, magazines, books, yearbooks on a daily basis. Also, develop the habit of writing as IBPS PO exam has a descriptive English Language section as well.
- Clear the basics. IBPS PO is not just about remembering things – formulas, important information, etc. The exam also tests your analytical skills. For this, you need to have the basic knowledge of every concept and topic in the syllabus – the underlying theory behind them. For example, remembering the formulas by heart is not enough to score high in the Quantitative Aptitude section; you need to learn their derivations as well. Likewise, you need to understand the theory behind every chapter of the Reasoning Ability section; learning the steps to solve a reasoning problem won’t be enough. For English Language section, you need to have the knowledge of basic English grammar.
- Practice diligently. Your IBPS PO preparation will be incomplete if you do not practice regularly and rigorously. Solve IBPS PO practice questions every time you finish a chapter. Start off with easy questions and slowly, move on to more difficult and advanced questions. Revision of questions you find difficult to answer is a must.
- Work on to improve your time management skills. Remember, answering correctly alone cannot ensure a high score. Along with accuracy, you need speed too so that you can finish off the entire paper before time. So, practice in time bound manner. Also, cultivate the habit of moving on to the next question if you are spending too much time on one particular question.
- Revise regularly. You must include regular revision in your IBPS PO preparation plan. As you go on completing the syllabus, allocate time for revision of chapters and topics that you have already mastered. Otherwise, you will forget what you have learnt.
- Take full length IBPS PO mock tests. This will help you get used to the pressure of taking an exam and prepare you to face the challenges. You also need to assess your performance in the IBPS PO mock tests and work on your weak areas. Doing so, your score will increase with each test you take and by the time of the actual exam, you will be fully confident.
- IBPS PO Cutoff 2020 : How many Marks to Score
- Download IBPS PO Previous Year Question Paper with Answer Key
Friends this is all for IBPS PO Preparation Tips. We will soon publish preparation tips for individual section of the Exam. If you have any queries/questions regarding IBPS PO Preparation Tips, feel free to ask them in the comments section below and we will be glad to answer them for you.