In this article, you will get IBPS Clerk Mains Quantitative Aptitude pattern and syllabus, Quantitative Aptitude previous year questions, preparation tips for Quantitative Aptitude section of IBPS Clerk Mains and Tips to clear Expected cutoff for IBPS Clerk Mains Quantitative Aptitude section.
In the series of articles on IBPS Clerk Mains Preparation, we have covered General Awareness, English Language and Computer Knowledge.
Today we will take up Quantitative Aptitude section of IBPS Clerk Mains 2016.
Take a sneak peak at IBPS Clerk Mains pattern and syllabus .
Quantitative Aptitude is typically the most feared section of any banking/recruitment examination. As per recent banking exams analysis, quant section is becoming tougher to solve and is the reason for many candidates not being able to clear sectional cutoffs. It takes much time to solve, plus it has the lowest accuracy percentage among all the sections asked. Many candidates complain about failing to clear Quant’s sectional cutoff by 1-2 marks in exam, although they cleared overall cutoffs. There can be numerous reasons for this:
- Its all about numbers and data crunching. One step goes wrong and you get an incorrect answer.
- Questions which ideally take 2 minutes, end up taking more than 5 minutes, messing up entire time tables.
- Confusion in final solutions
- Majority of candidates keep quant section for last, and then get nervous because crunching numbers take time and then end up solving only 2-3 question in 10 minutes.
IBPS Clerk Mains Quantitative Aptitude section Pattern
A total of 40 questions will be asked for 40 marks in the following pattern:
- Number Series – 5
- Data Interpretation(Pie-Chart, Table) – 5
- Simplification – 10
- Arithmetic (Profit Loss, Time & work, Percentage, Age, etc. – 20
Order of attempt for IBPS Clerk Mains
Ideally you should attempt QA section before any other section. Clear its sectional cutoff and then move on to reasoning. Followed by GA, English and CK.
Time allocation for IBPS Clerk Mains Quantitative Aptitude
|Your level in Quant||Duration||Questions Attempted|
IBPS Clerk Mains Quantitative Aptitude section Syllabus
For best preparation, we will divide the questions on the basis of difficulty level. This will help you identify topics which are easier to solve and hence will get you maximum marks in least amount of time. Following are categories of questions in Quantitative Aptitude.
1. Easy and Scoring Questions: If you feel you are weak to moderate in Quant, solve these questions and clear sectional cutoffs:
- Arithmetic Topics(Click on the link to open questions, tips and concepts)
- Date Interpretation
- Number systems
The above topics fall in the easy and scoring category, more than 20 questions will be asked from them. This is enough to clear the sectional cutoff for Quantitative Aptitude.
2. Time Intensive Questions: If you are exceptionally well in Quant and aim at scoring maximum marks in this section, then have a look at following topics:
- Quadratic Equations
- Data Sufficiency
- Sequence and Series
Tips to clear Sectional Cutoff for Quantitative Aptitude Section of IBPS Clerk Mains 2016
The expected cutoff for Quantitative Aptitude section of IBPS Clerk Mains 2015 will be 13-15
- Master easy sections which are stated above. Put maximum impetus on learning arithmetic and DI, simplification.
- Start with the basic concepts and go on to solve as many questions as you can of above topics.
- Instead of using risky shortcuts or new tricks to save time, focus on increasing your reading speed and attempt more questions
- Give 2 hours daily for Quantitative Aptitude Preparation.
- During the exam read the questions properly and note down the given data.
- Start with easy scoring questions and leave the complex ones.
- Keep a target to solve 25-30 questions.
- Keep your accuracy above 80% and you will clear sectional cutoff easily.
- Try Speed mathematics
- Trachtenberg’s method for multiplication by 5, 9 and 11. Please refer http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trachtenberg_system
- Learn multiplication tables of 2 to 25 by heart
- Learn squares of numbers up to 31 and cubes of numbers up to 15 by heart.
Friends this is it for preparation tips for Quantitative Aptitude section of IBPS Clerk Mains. If you have any questions/query regarding IBPS Clerk Mains, please ask them in the comments section below, we would be glad to answer them.