In this article, you will get IBPS Clerk Mains English Language pattern, preparation tips and expected cutoff for IBPS Clerk Mains English section.
IBPS Clerk Mains 2015 will be conducted on 2nd and 3rd January 2016. With the frenzy of IBPS Prelims result over, now its time to get down to business.
Today we will do a comprehensive analysis of English Language section of IBPS Clerk Mains 2015. This analysis will enable you to understand the how questions are divided among various topics of English, how many questions you should attempt to clear sectional cutoffs and finally tips on how to prepare for English Language section of IBPS Clerk Mains.
In the series of articles on IBPS Clerk Mains preparation, we have already covered general awareness/GK.
If you have just started your preparation for IBPS Clerk Mains we suggest you to go through the IBPS Clerk Mains pattern and syllabus first and then proceed to reading this article.
IBPS Clerk Mains English section Pattern
A total of 40 questions will be asked for 40 marks from the following topics:
|Topic||No. of Questions|
|Fill in the blanks||5|
Preparation Tips to crack sectional cutoff English section IBPS Clerk Mains 2015:
- The expected cutoff for English section of IBPS Clerk Mains 2015 will be 9-11
- To clear sectional cutoff for English section, keep your focus on RC, Cloze passage, parajumbles and fill in the blanks.
- The maximum time to be given for the above topics is :
- RC: 5 minutes
- Cloze passage: 3 minutes
- Parajumbles: 5 minutes
- Fill in the blanks: 30 seconds per question
- The total time given to the English section should be 15-17 minutes.
- Aim for solving 30 questions in these 15-17 minutes. If you exhaust the time and feel you can solve the other 10 questions in less than 1 minute (which you cannot), be realistic and move on to other sections. You can come back, if time permits, to solve the remaining questions.
- You would always want to have a second look at the option, just to be sure. DO NOT do it! Trust your instincts and utilise that time for solving other sections instead.
- While reading newspapers and magazines for preparation of GA section, pay attention to the structure of sentence, the words, tenses, verbs and other figures of speech used. This will come in handy while answering questions with 90%+ accuracy.
- No matter what you read and where you read, follow these tricks to read it quickly and improve your reading speed.
- Take daily vocabulary challenge to improve your understanding of complex words in the English language.
- For preparation of most important topics, click on the following links:
- In all you should attempt 28-32 questions in English section to clear sectional as well as overall cutoff for IBPS Clerk Mains 2015.
- For preparation of grammar refer to books of S P Bakshi or A P Bharadwaj.
- Give one mock daily, to audit your preparation and measure your improvement each day.
Friends this is it for preparation tips for English section of IBPS Clerk Mains. If you have any questions/query regarding IBPS Clerk Mains, please ask them in the comments section below, we would be glad to answer them.
We will post about the next section tomorrow based on your demand. So do not forget to comment which topic from IBPS Clerk Mains you want the tomorrow’s post about. We eagerly await your comments and queries.