In this article, you will get IBPS Clerk Mains Computer Knowledge pattern, Computer Knowledge previous year questions, preparation tips for computer knowledge section of IBPS Clerk Mains and Tips to clear Expected cutoff for IBPS Clerk Mains Computer Knowledge section.
With IBPS Prelims result behind us, the preparation of IBPS Clerk Mains is on full swing. The exam to be conducted on 2nd and 3rd January 2016 will be deciding factor for a ticket to good life for all the candidates.
Today we will analyse the Computer Knowledge section of IBPS Clerk Mains 2015. This analysis will enable you to understand the pattern of CK, previous year questions on Computer Knowledge, how many questions you should attempt to clear sectional cutoffs of Computer Knowledge and finally tips on Computer Knowledge preparation of IBPS Clerk Mains.
Pattern of Computer Knowledge Section IBPS Clerk Mains
The computer knowledge section of IBPS Clerk Mains has the following pattern:
|Topic||No. of Questions|
|Hardware||5 to 7|
|Internet/Network||4 to 6|
|MS Office – MS PowerPoint MS Excel MS Word||6 to 8|
|Operating System/Software Basics||8 to 10|
|Programming||2 to 4|
|KeyBoard Shortcuts||4 to 6|
|Binary Conversions||0 to 2|
Previous Year questions Computer Knowledge section IBPS Clerk Mains
- VDU full form – Video Display Unit
- DVD full form – Digital Versatile Disk
- GUI full form – Graphical User Interface
- EPROM full form – Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory
- Which symbol when entered in excel cell is considered to be formula – =
- Java is what language – Programming
- MS DOS is what – command line interface
- Information travels as what through network or internet – Packets
- Bold shortcut – Ctrl + B
- Keys pressed when you want to bring up task manager to end a task – Ctrl + Alt + Del
- ISDN Full Form
- WAN Full Form
- Hexadecimal related conversions
- CTRL+2 in MS Excel
- Linux is
- Which one of the following is non-volatile memory?
- Which one of the following is not secondary storage?
- In MS word the footer will be displayed? – Bottom of the page
- Full form of DOS – Disk Operating System
- Full form of VIRUS – Vital Information Resources Under Siege
- Full form of LSI – Large Scale integration Computer
- One question from RFID chip
- Which of the following not a storage? Printer
- Full form of HTTP- HyperText Markup Language
Preparation Tips for Computer Knowledge section IBPS Clerk Mains 2015
1. Hardware: 5-7 questions will be asked in this section. The impetus will be on checking your knowledge of computer equipment and numerous computer hardware like bus, ports, I/O devices, RAM, ROM, memory, hard disk etc. To answer questions in this section, you should have knowledge of 1st to 4th generation of computers and their inventors, the devices used in them , the inventors etc.
2. Internet/Network: With 4-6 questions in Clerk mains, this section can not be ignored. You can expect questions regarding different internet protocols, cloud technologies, hardware used for internet (modems, cables, optical fibres, speed). Also refresh your knowledge of all generations of mobile networks and the history of the internet.
3. MS OFFICE: If you aim at clearing sectional cutoff for CK in IBPS Clerk Mains 2015, digest this topic well and give maximum time for its preparation. Read about powerpoint, excel, word and outlook. Do not forget IBPS asks questions from MS OFFICE 2007 and onwards. This means any knowledge about prior versions is next to nothing. The best way to familiarize yourself with the above topics is to practice them hands on. Fire up the application, watch the tutorials and you’ll not only learn how to use these applications (which by the way come in really handy in daily use), you will also prepare your MS office topic for exam. You can easily expect 30-40% questions from this section. Pay special attention to keyboard shortcuts of MS Office applications.
4. Operating system/software basics : 8-10 questions will be asked from this section. Expect questions on various applications/software which are in built in the OS, like video makers, utility programs, backup softwares, multimedia and general working /hierarchy of OS. This section would be your knight in shinning armor to clear sectional cutoffs along with MS Office.
5. Programming: There would be minimal number of questions from high level programming. Most of the questions in this topic will be about basic syntax, history and evolution of computer language, compilers, interpreters, binary, hexadecimal conversions.
6. Keyboard shortcuts: If you cover MS Office well, this section is almost done. Apart from that, shortcuts in windows can be asked. Expect at least 4-6 questions from it.
Expected SECTIONAL CUTOFF FOR COMPUTER KNOWLEDGE SECTION IBPS PO MAINS 2015
- The expected sectional cutoff for Computer section would be 19-22 in IBPS Clerk mains 2015.
- Focus on MS Office, Keyboard shortcuts and OS for maximum marks.
- First attempt all questions, which you are 100% sure about.
- If you attempt 15-18 questions with 100% accuracy, then go about attempting the ones you are 80-90% sure of.
- Recommended books would be Computer awareness from Kiran, Arihant etc.
- You need to practice daily to ace the CK section.
- Click here to attempt daily computer knowledge quiz .
- Most questions aren’t complex in nature, use your best judgement for answer.
- If you are scared about Computer Knowledge section, then give mock tests and analyse your weak areas to improve them.
Folks, this is it for the CK section of IBPS PO MAINS. Hope you like it and it helps you prepare well and perform exceptionally well in mains exam. If you have ANY queries, please don’t hesitate and feel free to ask them in the comments section below, we will be glad to answer them.