Dear IBPS Clerk Aspirants
The second shift of IBPS Clerk prelims 2015 will be conducted this weekend. We wish all the candidates appearing for it Best of Luck and hope you perform well in your prelims attempt.
As per official notification, Clerk Mains will be conducted on 2nd and 3rd January 2016. We will do a complete breakdown of IBPS Clerk mains pattern and syllabus . Please read it carefully and ask your questions in comments section below.
Pattern of IBPS Clerk Mains 2016 Exam:
Total Questions: 200
Negative Marking: 25% i.e. 0.25 marks will be deducted from your score for every wrong answer
Duration: 2 Hours (120 minutes)
The exam will have 5 sections. These are enlisted below:
- Reasoning: 40 questions will be asked for 1 mark each totaling 40 marks , testing your analytical, puzzle, data sufficiency and logical reasoning skills.
- English Language: 40 questions of 1 mark each, total 40 marks. Questions will be from reading comprehension , cloze passage, parajumbles and sentence completion.
- Quantitative Aptitude: 40 questions will be asked for total of 40 marks to test your numerical ability and mathematics skills.
- General Awareness: 40 questions will be asked for 40 marks. The questions in this section will be asked to test your current knowledge of banking industry and economy.
- Computer Knowledge: 40 questions would be asked for 40 marks, testing your computer abilities.
IBPS Clerk Mains 2016 Syllabus
Quantitative Aptitude: 40 questions
The quantitative aptitude section of IBPS Clerk Mains is designed to test your numerical ability and calculation skills . The questions will be asked from the following topics:
- Number Series – 5
- Data Interpretation(Pie-Chart, Table) – 5
- Simplification – 10
- Arithmetic (Profit Loss, Time & work, Percentage, Age, etc. )– 20
For preparation start off with revising the following concepts
- BODMAS rule
- Squares, cubes, square roots and cube roots : squares of first 30 whole numbers and cubes of first 20 numbers.
- Rules of Surds and Indices
- Multiplication and division of large numbers and Multiplication tables up to 30 or 35
- Addition and subtraction of fractions
- Conversion of fractions to percentage and vice versa
- Basic concepts of Percentages, SI-CI, Mixture and Allegation etc
Remember Quantitative Aptitude section in Prelims was the biggest hindrance for majority of candidates. Make sure you do enough practice. We will post tips to crack quantitative aptitude on Monday.
Reasoning: 40 questions
The reasoning section of IBPS Clerk Mains will test your analytical and logical reasoning skills. This essentially means how you interpret data and analyse information to arrive at a logical conclusion. The amount of theoretical knowledge required to answer the questions is comparatively less. The sub topics to be asked along with expected number of questions are as follows:
- Syllogism – 5
- Data Sufficiency – 5
- Sitting Arrangement – 10
- Puzzle – 5
- Coded Inequalities – 5
- Miscellaneous – 10
Reasoning section demands speed, especially to solve questions from puzzles and sitting arrangements.
English: 40 questions
Referred to as Verbal Ability. This section of IBPS Clerk Mains will test your language skills (vocabulary and English grammar) along with your language comprehension skills. Questions will be asked from the following topics:
- Reading Comprehensions – 10
- Rearrangement – 5
- Cloze test – 10
- Error Spotting – 5
- Phrases – 5
- Fill in the blanks – 5
General Knowledge and Current Affairs: 40 questions
This section of IBPS Clerk Mains will test your trivial knowledge to some extent. However most of the questions will be from Banking Awareness and Economy. Questions will be asked from
- General Awareness: 5-10
- Banking Awareness: 10-15
- Current Affairs (currency, capitals, census, venues, sports, headquarters, abbreviations and awards): 15
Due to the ever increasing dependency on computers for carrying out various banking tasks, the computer knowledge section has been added to test your skills and know how of computer knowledge. For clearing IBPS Clerk Mains you are expected to have working knowledge of computers, their applications and how to use them. You should know that your technical expertise in this field is not checked, while your proficiency with common computer applications is given higher value.
Questions will be asked from the following topics MS Office, Application Software, Hardware, Software, and Input-Output Units.
Doston, this is it for IBPS Clerk Mains Pattern and Syllabus. We will post tips on how to clear sectional cutoffs for IBPS Clerk Mains from 14th December i.e. Monday. Be sure to check them out! Meanwhile you can enroll for our Mock Test packages and give a boost to your IBPS Clerk Mains preparation.
If you have any questions or queries, please ask them in the comments section below.