SBI Clerk Exam Preparation Tips.
SBI Clerk Exam Preparation Tips for Prelims Exam 2020 – Check Expert Curated Tips!
IBPS Clerk Result was released in January 2020. Many of you may not have received the result as per your expectations. The seats were very limited and also because of that interview dilemma, things didn’t work out as per the plan. But No need to worry my friend, as that was not the last job opportunity. SBI is going to announce the SBI Clerk Exam soon. The notification is expected in a few weeks and that means the preparation you did for the IBPS Clerk Exam will not go in vain.
SBI Clerk Preparation: The State Bank of India (SBI) is yet to release the official notification of SBI Clerk 2019 recruitment exam. However, aspirants must start their SBI Clerk preparation as early as possible so that they can finish the syllabus with maximum efficiency long before the exam. In this article, we will provide you with the best SBI Clerk Preparation Tips & Tricks.
Cracking competitive exams like SBI Clerk needs one to do smart study. Hard work and rigorous practice alone cannot guarantee success in this exam. It is a highly competitive exam and the only way to secure your entry into the banking sector is, thus, to score as high as possible. This needs one to have a smart SBI Clerk preparation plan. Read on to get the top tips and tricks to create a smart SBI Clerk preparation plan.
As per SBI officials, this year there will be no separate notifications for SBI Clerk as they have changed the nomenclature of the post. The Junior Associate notification is the SBI Clerk notification for the year 2020.
In this article, we will discuss about the pattern and preparation tips for 2020 SBI Clerk recruitment exam
SBI Clerk Exam Pattern
- Prelims (100 marks exam containing 100 questions in 1 hour)
- Mains (200 marks exam containing 190 questions in 2 hours and 40 minutes)
It contains about 100 questions carrying 100 marks and the time duration is 1 hour.
The Questions are divided into 3 Sections
- Quantitative Aptitude
It contains about 190 questions carrying 200 marks and the time duration is 160 minutes.
The Questions are divided into 4 Sections
The Selection will be purely based on Mains Exam. And the Exam will contain the following Subjects:
- Reasoning & Computer Knowledge (60 marks)
- English Language (40 marks)
- Quantitative Aptitude (50 marks)
- General Awareness (50 marks)
All Subjects have equal weight in the exam so you should focus on every subject.
SBI Clerk Exam Preparation Tips:
- There is no secret to success, What you need is consistent efforts.
- The first step should be to make a proper study plan for revision and stick to it. For it carefully check the syllabus of the exam and also the type and level of questions likely to be asked in the exam.
- Practice as many mock tests as you can
If you prepare well, you can clear the exam in first attempt. But you have to prepare thoroughly for it. Before you begin your preparation you should know about what to prepare for the exam because if you do not know correctly as what you have to study, your preparation can never be correct.Following are the preparation tips for the exam.
Preparation Tips for Reasoning Section of SBI Clerk Exam:
Reasoning is purely based on logic and is not just a mathematical skill where you learn various formula s and the work is done. The only strategy here is to practice all the type of questions as many times as you can. Some of the important topics for the exam are:
Preparation Tips for Quantitative Aptitude Section of SBI Clerk Exam:
This section includes the basic questions to check your numerical ability. The best strategy is attempting only those questions first that are easy to attempt and have fewer calculations. You need to start from basics. Build concepts gradually and practice as much as you can.Memorise all the important shortcut techniques and. Some of the important topics for exam are:
- Number Systems
- Simple Interest & Compound Interest
- Time & Work
- Time & Distance
- Profit & Loss
- Ratio and Proportion
- Bar graph & Pie-chart
Preparation Tips for English Language Section of SBI Clerk Exam:
This is one of the toughest sections. You need to improve your basic english in order to excel in the exam. You need to learn basic concepts of English Grammar. Read good English magazines and newspaper to improve your reading skills. Some of the important topics for exam are:
Preparation Tips for General Awareness section of SBI Clerk Exam:
General Awareness is one such section where you can’t predict as to what will come in the exam.General Awareness Questions are based on Banking related issues and topics. You just need to keep yourself updated about current happenings of the world and also bit knowledge of static GK would be enough from the examination point of view.
You can focus on topics like Current Affairs of last 6 months, Topics related to finance, economics, History of Banking, Banking Terms, and Fiscal & Monetary Policies etc.
Preparation Tips for Computer Knowledge section of SBI Clerk Exam:
Computer Knowledge will mainly contain questions related to basic knowledge about computer. So you need to be aware about computer here.
SBI Clerk Exam Study material and Books:
You can take the help of these books and boost your preparation to crack the examination easily and make your career bright because these books can change your way of thinking.
- Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations (S.Chand) R.S.Agarwal
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic (Arihant) Rajesh Verma
- A new approach Verbal and Nonverbal Reasoning (Arihant) by BS Sijwali
- A Modern Approach to Verbal and Nonverbal Reasoning (S.Chand) by R.S.Agarwal
- Pratiyogita Darpan
- Manorama Year Book.
Tips And Tricks For SBI Clerk Preparation
As said earlier, if you want to crack SBI Clerk exam, you need to have a smart SBI Clerk preparation plan – one that looks after your overall development. Read on to find out the important tips and tricks for your SBI Clerk preparation:
- Be thorough with the syllabus: It is important that you know which topics are included in the SBI Clerk syllabus. Once you have an idea about the syllabus, you can plan your SBI Clerk preparation accordingly. You must also remember that certain topics are more important than others. This means you have to spend more time on them in order to achieve mastery over them.
- Create a realistic time table: Now that you have an idea about the syllabus, you have to create a time table and stick to it. Allocate time-based on your strengths and weaknesses, i.e. spend more time on subjects/topics you are weak at. If your Numerical Ability is weak, spend more time solving numerical questions. Having a smart and realistic time table will make your SBI Clerk preparation easier.
- Read regularly: Reading regularly plays a crucial role in competitive entrance exams like SBI Clerk. Your SBI Clerk preparation time table must have a separate time allocated for reading newspapers and magazines. Spend two hours daily on reading. This will help you the most in your SBI Clerk preparation for English Language section, General Awareness section and Computer Aptitude section. Note down important points and new words as you read.
- Understand the concepts and the theory properly: Rather than learning the shortcuts to solve a problem, it is important that you understand the related concepts and theories first. This is very important for sections like Numerical Ability (or Quantitative Aptitude) and Reasoning Ability. Once that is achieved, you can learn the shortcuts. Your SBI Clerk preparation must not have any loopholes or gaps. For English Language section, learning the theory, i.e. the basic grammatical rules is very crucial.
- Remember the formulas thoroughly: The Quantitative Aptitude section has innumerable formulas to remember. Also, it is important that you learn the derivations of the formulas too and practice them regularly. Doing this during your SBI Clerk preparation will help in better retention. Also, this will help you to derive a formula in case you forget it during the exam.
- Practice diligently: Every time you finish a chapter or a topic, solve SBI Clerk practice questions from that chapter/topic. The more you practice, the better. Start with the easy ones and slowly move on to more difficult questions. Mark the questions you find difficult to solve/answer and revise them later. Regular practice is a must in your SBI Clerk preparation.
- Improve your time management skills: High level of accuracy alone cannot guarantee high score. Accuracy at the cost of loss of time will lead to low score. So, your SBI Clerk preparation must look after your time management skills as well. There must be a balance between speed and accuracy. Once the basics are cleared, try to solve practice questions in a time bound manner. If you are spending more time on a particular question, you must revise and learn the related concepts.
- Revise regularly: Like any other exams, SBI Clerk preparation too needs regular revision. Otherwise, you will forget what you have learnt. Allocate 2 hours daily for revision.
- Take SBI Clerk mock tests: Once you have finished the entire syllabus, take full-length SBI Clerk mock tests and assess your performance. Identify your weak areas and work on them to improve. Embibe gives a detailed analysis of your tests which makes it easier for you to know where you need to focus. Also, your SBI Clerk preparation will be incomplete if you do not solve SBI Clerk previous year papers.
Friends this is all for SBI Clerk Exam.We will soon publish preparation tips for individual section of the Exam. If you have any queries/questions, feel free to ask them in the comments section below and we will be glad to answer them for you.