As all of you are aware that about Railway Recruitment Board has announced around 18000 vacancies across various departments within the Indian Railways. The number of vacancies are very large, but so is the number of applicants applying for it. Everywhere you will see a buzz about how to prepare for this RRB NTPC Exam.
In this article we will discuss the step by step preparation process for this Exam.But it is a mandatory fact that even before you start your preparation, you should know the complete procedure of the exam.
Knowing these details will not only give you an idea about the type of Exam but will also help you in preparing for the RRB NTPC exam.
Important: The RRB NTPC Exam held on March 28, 2016 for Muradabad, Delhi Center is now cancelled and is rescheduled for May 2016 owing to the server breakdown. Many candidates could not attempt the exam due to server issues. To maintain its fairness and integrity, the Railway Recruitment Board has rescheduled the exam , details of which will be available on the website soon.
In this article
- RRB NTPC Exam Selection Procedure
- Click here for all information related to RRB NTPC Examination: Job Profiles, Syllabus, Books to Prepare and Much More.
- RRB NTPC Written Exam Basic Features
- RRB NTPC Written Exam Preparation Tips:
- RRB NTPC Written Exam Study material and Books:
- RRB NTPC Skill & Aptitude Test Basic Features
- RRB NTPC Document Verification & Medical Fitness Test
RRB NTPC Exam Selection Procedure
As far as RRB Exam is concerned,the selection procedure is as follows:
- Written Examination (Online Computer Based Objective Exam)
- Skill Test (mainly Typing Speed Test for the posts of Junior Accounts Assistant cum typist , Senior Clerk cum typist & Sr. Time Keeper) & Aptitude Test (for the post of Assistant Station Master & Traffic Assistant)
- Document Verification & Medical Fitness Test
RRB NTPC Written Exam Basic Features
This exam will be conducted in two phases. The first phase will be Computer based test having 90 minutes duration for 100 questions and the questions will be of Objective Multiple Choice Type.The questions are likely to include questions pertaining to General Awareness, Arithmetic Ability, General Intelligence and reasoning.
RRB NTPC Written Exam Preparation Tips:
- There is no secret to success, What you need is consistent efforts.
- You still have a few months and that are sufficient enough to crack the RRB NTPC Exam.
- The first step should be to make a proper study plan and stick to it. For it carefully check the syllabus of the exam and also the type and level of questions likely to be asked in the RRB NTPC exam.
- Practice as many mock tests as you can
RRB NTPC Written Exam Study material and Books:
You can take the help of these books and start preparation to crack the examination easily and make your career bright because these books can change your way of thinking.
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic (Arihant) Rajesh Verma
- Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations (S.Chand) R.S.Agarwal
- A Modern Approach to Verbal and Nonverbal Reasoning (S.Chand) by R.S.Agarwal
- A new approach Verbal and Nonverbal Reasoning (Arihant) by BS Sijwali
- NCERT+NIOS books
- RRB: Non-Technical (Goods Guard, ASM, TA, CA etc.) Exam Guide (2016 edition)
- 30 Practice Sets Railway Recruitment Boards RRB (Non-Technical Cadre) 2016
- Lucent General Knowledge
- Pratiyogita Darpan
- Manorama Year Book.
RRB NTPC Skill & Aptitude Test Basic Features
Once you clear the written Exam, you will be qualified for the next phase of recruitment process. This phase will comprise of two optional tests which you have to give for some specific posts coming under RRB NTPC.
It is the test to check your typing speed. You have to give this test if you have applied for the posts of Junior Accounts Assistant cum typist , Senior Clerk cum typist & Sr. Time Keeper.
It is the test to check your basic level of Aptitude. You have to give this test if you have applied for the post of Assistant Station Master & Traffic Assistant)
RRB NTPC Document Verification & Medical Fitness Test
This is the final phase of the RRB NTPC Exam. Only those aspirants who qualify the written and optional Tests will be eligible for this final phase and will go through the following processes:
This is the pre final step of the RRB NTPC exam where you have to go the designated RRB Document Verification Centres for document verification. Always Keep in mind that you have to carry all the necessary documents else there is a chance that you may not be considered for final selection.
Medical Fitness Test:
This is the final step of the RRB NTPC exam where you have to go the designated RRB Hospitals/Medical Centres for your medical checkup. This is a phase that many of the aspirants take for granted, but you should not do the same. RRB has released strict medical health guidelines (the most important being Eye Vision) that you have to qualify otherwise you may even be rejected on medical grounds.
Friends this is all for RRB NTPC Exam.We will soon publish preparation tips for individual section of RRB NTPC. If you have any queries/questions, feel free to ask them in the comments section below and we will be glad to answer them for you.