In this article you will get RRB NTPC General Science Pattern. RRB NTPC General Science Syllabus. Topic Wise Preparation Tips for General Science section of RRB NTPC. Study Plan for General Science Section of RRB NTPC.
RRB NTPC will be conducted from 28th March 2016 to 30th April 2016. This means you have only a few days left to prepare and ace the exam.
To help you prepare the best, we have started a series of articles on RRB NTPC Exam preparation. In this series we will tell you the pattern/syllabus, study plan, preparation tips and expected cutoffs of individual sections viz, Arithmetic Ability,General Intelligence, General Awareness and General Knowledge.
We have already posted about the Arithmetic Ability section of RRB NTPC.
How to prepare for General Science Section of RRB NTPC
Today we will take up General Science section of RRB NTPC.
RRB NTPC General Science: Pattern
- No. of questions: 25.
- Total marks: 25
- Marks per correct answer:1
- Negative Marking for incorrect answer: 0.33
RRB NTPC General Science Syllabus
The syllabus of RRB NTPC General science can be divided into four parts
The Physics part will have topics like
- Mechanics of particles:Laws of motion; conservation of energy and momentum,
- Mechanics of Rigid Bodies:System of particles; Centre of mass, angular momentum, equations of motion
- Waves and optics, interference and Diffraction, Polarisation
- Electricity and magnetism
- Thermal & Statistical physics
The Chemistry part will have topics like
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding
- Solid, Liquid and gaseous state
- Organic Chemistry
- Chemical Kinetics
- Coordination Compounds
- Photochemistry & Spectroscopy
The Biology part will have topics like
- Human Body
- Genetics and evolution
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Biotechnology and its applications
- Ecology and environment
The Technology part is the new addition in the General science Section and will have topics related to the new technologies in the field of science, be it space exploration, be it defence, be it medical science or any such field.
RRB NTPC General Science: Books to be referred
Books to be referred –
1)Science and Technology in India – Kalpana Rajaram – Spectrum
2)1000 Plus Questions on General Science – TMH
3)Objective General Science – Expert Compilations
4)NCERT books from class 7th to 10th
5) You can also choose some other books as per your choice.
RRB NTPC General Science: Topic Wise Preparation Tips
Physics is a subject that is based on a number of central theories. The questions asked in the exam will also be based upon them. Just build your basic concepts in the areas like Mechanics, wave Optics, Electricity and Magnetism
Chemistry is a subject that is based on a number of equations. But as far as RRB NTPC Exam is considered, the application part of Chemistry is more important in the exam & technical details and equations are not that important.
Biology is the most important topic out of the whole lot. Recent analysis shows that Biology constitutes the major chunk of questions in the General Science Section of any exam.In Biology, the thrust area will be Environment, Zoology & human Body. Only a few questions are being asked from Botany, particularly the biological diversity and plant system.Study all the systems like digestive system, respiration system and also the various diseases.
As you already know that the Technology part is the new addition in the General science Section and will have topics related to the new technologies in the field of science, be it space exploration, be it defence, be it medical science or any such field.
RRB NTPC General Science Study Plan.
The General Science Section of RRB NTPC will test your basic Ability to solve Science related general questions and your awareness with the development of the day to day life based on science are judged. The best part is you do need not to do any special study on Science, neither you need to have a proper Science background. The Questions that are asked in the RRB NTPC Exam are generally of the School level. You just need to polish the science that you studied during your school days. Just read those NCERT books of yours from class 7 to class 10.
- Make a proper study plan of all the subjects separately.
- Give 2hours daily for General Science preparation..
- Do not try to study everything because if you try and study everything you will end up cramming your schedule and ultimately risk being under prepared.
- Regularly revise whatever you have studied.
- While doing the above exercise, solve at least 50 questions everyday.
- Start giving Mock Tests. Identify topics you are weak in and again attempt those topics.
- Mock Tests will also help you prepare a timing strategy.
- Only attempt those questions which you are 100 % sure about.
- Talk to experts about those topics and get your doubts solved.
- Practice Practice Practice. All the BEST
Friends this is it for General Science section of RRB NTPC.