In this article you will get SSC CGL General Awareness Section Pattern. SSC CGL General Awareness Section Syllabus. Topic Wise Preparation Tips for General Awareness Section of SSC CGL. Study Plan for General Awareness Section of SSC CGL.
To help you prepare the best, we have started a series of articles on SSC CGL Exam preparation. In this series we will tell you the pattern/syllabus, study plan and preparation tips of individual sections viz,
In this article
- How to prepare for General Awareness Section of SSC CGL
How to prepare for General Awareness Section of SSC CGL
We have already covered Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning and General English Section of SSC CGL
- Click here to see how to prepare for Quantitative Aptitude Section of SSC CGL
- Click here to see how to prepare for Reasoning Section of SSC CGL
- Click here to see how to prepare for General English Section of SSC CGL
Today we will take up General Awareness Section of SSC CGL.
SSC CGL General Awareness Section: Pattern
- No. of questions: 25
- Total marks: 50
- Marks per correct answer:2
- Negative Marking for incorrect answer: 0.5
SSC CGL General Awareness Section Syllabus
A broad list of topics to be covered for RRB NTPC General Awareness Section is as follows
- Latest Developments and Current Affairs of India
- Latest Developments and Current Affairs of the World
- Indian History – Ancient, Medieval and Modern
- Geography – India and the World
- Indian and World Economy
- Politics and Governance
- Science and Technology
- Books and Authors
- People and Places
- General Knowledge by Dr Binary Karn (Lucent Publications)
- General Knowledge by Arihant Publications.
- NCERT Textbooks for Classes IX and X ( History, Geography, Polity and Economy)
- You can refer any books that you have
Here is a small list for General Awareness & Current Affairs:
India 2016 Paperback by
Manorama Yearbook 2016
Banking Awareness (Objective with Subjective) by
|General Knowledge by Lucent|
SSC CGL General Awareness Section: Preparation Tips
Read the Newspaper daily
Make daily reading of newspapers a habit. Read at least two of the national dailies every day. Make notes out of the important events around the world with a special focus on India. If you don’t want to make notes, maintain a file of newspaper cuttings and keep referring to it regularly.
Familiarize yourself with Periodicals
Magazines like Pratiyogita Darpan and Competition Success Review can go a long way in helping you crack the General Awareness section. These magazines will not only help you have access to the recent developments of India and the World but will also make your job of making notes easier.
Go through Previous Years Question Papers
Solving previous years question papers is important. Don’t do it because you feel that a question will be repeated. A question will never be repeated. However the ‘type’ of question will be repeated. Attempting questions in the exam should not make you feel as if it’s your first time. You should be acquainted with the type of questions asked. Solving previous year’s papers helps you do it.
Click here to download free pdf files of SSC CGl Previous papers
Read any Year Book regularly
Year books like Manorma are helpful in presenting the bulk of material in a concise form thereby making your General Awareness preparation convenient. Year books also help you save a lot of time. However, do keep in mind that a last day reading of any year book will not help. What will help is being consistency in reading them throughout your preparation.
Click here to see the list of Best Yearbooks of 2016
Proper Scheme, Practice and Revision
Any individual preparing for this examination should be fully acquainted with the syllabus. One should know the areas of strength and weakness so that the former can be enhanced and the latter can be improvised. Make a weekly time table. Master the topics one by one and then move on to the next. The more you practice, the more time you will be able to save in the examination.
Enroll for Mock Tests
Any preparation cannot be deemed complete unless one is tested. Mock Tests are one of the best measures to check the quality and level of your overall preparation. Also, they will acquaint you with the exact pattern of the exam.
SSC CGL General Awareness Section: Study Plan.
- Do not try to study everything because if you try and study everything you will end up cramming your schedule and ultimately risk being under prepared.
- Accuracy and Speed are the keys for scoring maximum in this section.
- Give 1 hour daily for General Awareness preparation.
- Start giving Mock Tests. Identify topics you are weak in and again attempt those topics.
- Mock Tests will also help you prepare a timing strategy.
- Talk to experts about those topics and get your doubts solved.
- Practice Practice Practice. All the BEST.
Friends this is it for General Awareness Section of SSC CGL. If you have any query regarding the General Awareness Section of SSC CGL exam, please ask them in the comments section below.