DMRC Exam Preparation Tips. DMRC Exam Reasoning Preparation Tips. DMRC Exam English Preparation Tips. DMRC Exam General Awareness Preparation Tips. DMRC Exam Quantitative Aptitude Preparation Tips. DMRC Exam Preparation Strategy.
The competition is going to be very high. And you can survive it and come out with one seat only if you have a proper strategy. So let us start a point wise analysis of this DMRC Exam that will help you make a killer strategy and Preparation Tips.
In this article
- DMRC Exam Preparation: General Awareness Syllabus, Preparation Tips, Books to Read.
- DMRC Exam Preparation: General Awareness Preparation Tips.
- DMRC Exam Preparation: Reasoning Syllabus, Preparation Tips, Books to Read.
- DMRC Exam Preparation: Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus, Preparation Tips, Books to Read.
- DMRC Exam Preparation: English Syllabus, Preparation Tips, Books to Read.
- DMRC Exam Preparation Strategy:
- The above mock tests are researched and prepared by experts and are as per the exact exam pattern of DMRC exam.
DMRC Exam Preparation: General Awareness Syllabus, Preparation Tips, Books to Read.
DMRC Exam Preparation: General Awareness Preparation Tips.
- The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Policy & Scientific Research.
- Majority of questions are designed to test awareness about your surroundings and its implications to the society.
- Read General Awareness Pratiyogita Darpan or any other current affairs magazine like CST, Chronicle or Wizard.Focus on the most recent issues of the magazine.Focus on the topics like economy, politics, international affairs, etc. within the magazine.
DMRC Exam Preparation: General Awareness Syllabus.
- National & International Current Affairs:
- Indian Geography
- History- India and World
- Indian Polity
- Indian Culture and Heritage
DMRC Exam Preparation: General Awareness Books to read.
For Current Affairs.
- Pratiyogita Darpan.
- MockBank’s Current Affairs Packages.
- Daily Current Affairs in English and Hindi.– This has daily current affairs as well as daily questions. It will keep you updated.
- NCERT Books
DMRC Exam Preparation: Reasoning Syllabus.
- Sitting Arrangement.(click for questions and topic concept)
- Puzzle Test.
- Data Sufficiency Problems.
- Blood Relationship Problems.
- Series Problems.
- Input- Output/ Sequential Output Tracing.
- Direction Sense Problems.
- Statement Assumption/Conclusion/Arguement/Course of Action.
- Ordering and Ranking.
DMRC Exam Preparation: Reasoning Preparation Tips.
- Reasoning problems are more logic based and there are no formulae to be used.
- One needs to apply common sense and understanding of the subject. Hence, regular practice is very important.
- When you start your preparation for Reasoning i.e. when you are learning basics, don’t keep any time limit and solve questions at your own pace.
- Once you are comfortable with the type of problems, then start to improve your speed.
- Concept building is not a speed increasing exercise; it’s an effort to improve your understanding and accuracy.
- You should try to solve 30-50 questions on each topic shown above.
- However, if you already are comfortable with a particular topic, you can move to the next topic to make best use of your time. Similarly, if you are not getting clarity on a particular topic, you should invest more time on perfecting it
You can also comment in this article to tell us which topics quiz do you need.
DMRC Exam Preparation: Reasoning Books to be referred.
- Verbal Reasoning By R.S. Agarwal.
- 501 challenging Logical reasoning problems.
- A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning (S.Chand) by R.S.Agarwal.
- A new approach Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning (Arihant) by BS Sijwali.
- Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey.
DMRC Exam Preparation: Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus, Preparation Tips, Books to Read.
DMRC Exam Preparation: Quantitative Aptitude Preparation Tips.
- Quantitative aptitude is one of the most time consuming section in exam hall.
- This is the section which causes many ‘Un-selections’.
- Time is the major constraint in this exam.
- Attempt only those question which take less time.
- Data Interpretation is the most important part and should be your preference.
- Try to learn shortcut tricks to save time in bulky calculations.
- Focus on important topics only.
- Click on the topics below to read concepts, give quizzes and watch videos prepared by experts.
DMRC Exam Preparation: Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus.
Click on the topics below to read concepts, tips and solve quizzes on those topics.
- Simple Interest/ Compound Interest
- Profit and Loss
- Ratio & Proportions
- Time and Work
- Time Speed and Distance
- Data interpretation
- Data Sufficiency
- Sequence and Series
- Quadratic Equation
DMRC Exam Preparation: Quantitative Aptitude Books to refer.
2)Fast Track Objective Arithmetic (Arihant) Rajesh Verma.
3)Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations (S.Chand) R.S.Agarwal.
DMRC Exam Preparation: English Syllabus, Preparation Tips, Books to Read.
DMRC Exam Preparation: English Syllabus.
- Reading Comprehension.
- Fill in the blank (Vocabulary based problems).
- Sentence Correction / Spotting error (Tenses, Part of Speech, Active and Passive Voice, Subject Verb Agreement).
- Para jumbles.
- Antonyms/Synonyms based problems.
DMRC Exam Preparation: General English Books to be referred.
- Grammar book by Wren & Martin
- Word Power Made Easy and Better English by Norman Lewis.
DMRC Exam Preparation: General English Preparation Tips.
- English Language is one such section where you need to work on intuition and understanding.
- If you have enough time, there is one advice that can take you places – READ.
- Form a regular habit of reading newspapers and novels which would help you to both increase your vocabulary and understanding at the same time.
- Complete the books like “Word Power Made Easy” and “Wren and Martin”. Alongside, keep practicing Reading comprehension, Para Jumbles and Cloze Test paragraphs from a book.
- Devote at least 1.5 hours daily to these activities.
- For Grammar, keep revising the rules and write them essentially from topics like Subject Verb Agreement and Tenses.
- Over the month, you would realize that constant reading practice has helped you to become better with English which has been considered as a nemesis for a long time by a lot of students.
- Click here to take daily vocabulary challenge.
DMRC Exam Preparation Strategy:
You have to work hard and
Party Practice even harder.
- Evaluate which areas you are strong at make yourself even more stronger in those areas. You should make yourself the master of those areas. It means if 10 questions will be asked from that topic, you should be able to answer all 10 ( 9 will be a bad score)your strength and weakness from all the chapters and plan your attempts strategically.
- Increase your reading speed (Click here for Speed Reading Tips )
- After getting a stronghold on concepts and basic questions, start learning shortcuts tricks. For this you should memorize tables, squares, cubes and fractions for faster calculations.
- Read English News paper and watch English News channel daily for English Language Preparation.
- Learn what to leave and how to attempt scoring sections quickly.
- Give as many full length and sectional mock tests to understand paper pattern, time allocation and identify further your weak areas.
- After completing Mock Tests, analyse your attempt and focus on getting 90- 100% accuracy
- If you are taking 1 minute or more to solve any question, Try to practice and increase your speed.
- Click here to enroll for 10 Mock Test for DMRC JE (Civil)
- Click here to enroll for 10 Mock Tests for DMRC JE (Electronics)
- Click here to enroll for 10 Mock Tests for DMRC JE (Electrical)
- Click here to enroll for 10 Mock Tests for DMRC JE (Mechanical)
- Click here to enroll for 10 Mock Tests for DMRC Customer Relations Assistant (CRA)
- Click here to enroll for 10 Mock Tests for DMRC Station Controller/ Train Operator
The above mock tests are researched and prepared by experts and are as per the exact exam pattern of DMRC exam.
Remember you will be eligible for interview only after you clear Objective paper and score high enough in that. Practice is your key. The more you practice, the better your chances of selection.
Friends, this is it for DMRC Examination preparation tips. If you have any queries, please ask them in the comments section below.