How to prepare for arithmetic ability section of RRB NTPC : In this article you will get RRB NTPC Arithmetic Ability Syllabus. Topic Wise Preparation Tips for Arithmetic Ability section of RRB NTPC. Study Plan for Arithmetic Ability Section of RRB NTPC.
RRB NTPC Arithmetic Ability
Dear Mock Bankers
To help you prepare the best, we have started a series of articles on RRB NTPC Exam preparation. In this series we will tell you the pattern/syllabus, study plan, preparation tips and expected cutoffs of individual sections viz, Arithmetic Ability, General Intelligence, General Awareness and General Science. Today we will take up Arithmetic Ability section of RRB NTPC Stage I (Prelims).
RRB NTPC will be conducting Stage I (CBT) from June 2019 (tentative). This implies there is 3 months approx. to preparation and ace the exam. The number of vacancy is 32,000 and around 92 lakhs candidates are expected to appear for the exam. Considering the latest pattern released by the RRB, the Mathematics Section consists of 30 percent of the total paper weightage. Go through the strategies suggested by our MockBank experts and try to emulate the same so that you can cover all the topics under arithmetic section within the remaining time. As this section can differentiate the candidates clearing to the next Stage and the candidates who do not.
Click here to read RRB NTPC Recruitment 2019
Click here to read RRB NTPC Syllabus 2019
RRB NTPC Stage I (Prelims) Arithmetic Ability: Pattern
|No. of questions||30|
|Marks per correct answer||01|
|Negative Marking for incorrect answer||0 .33|
RRB NTPC Arithmetic Ability Syllabus
|Arithmetic Ability Topics Name||Expected Number of questions|
|Decimals and Fractions||1-2|
|LCM & HCF||2|
|Ratio and Proportions||1-2|
|Time and Work||1-2|
|Time and Distance||1-2|
|Simple and Compound Interest||2-3|
|Profit and Loss||1-2|
|Heights and Distance||1|
|Histogram, Frequency Polygon, Pie Chart, Bar Chart||1|
Start giving mock tests, subject wise as well as full length tests and analyse your performance in each test. So, that you have a brief understanding of your strengths and weaknesses. And, make a study plan such that you devote more time on your weaknesses.
How to prepare for arithmetic ability section of RRB NTPC: Topic Wise Preparation Tips.
Number System, Decimals, Fractions
- It is really easy to figure out from previous paper’s analysis that questions from Number System, Decimals, Fractions constitute a major chunk of quantitative aptitude section. This is unlikely to change for this year’s paper too.
- In these type of questions, You have to find out number, solve the fraction A series of numbers is given,
- The best part is that once you identify the pattern, solving the question becomes a cakewalk.
- There can be many patterns. viz.
- Prime Numbers.
- Squares/ Cubes.
- Patterns in differences.
- Pattern in alternate numbers.
- Geometric series.
- Odd one out.
- Cube roots/ square roots.
- Don’t rush through solving these type of questions. Give some time and you have 100% accuracy.
- Beware, if you do not practice for these type of questions, you will end up spending 10-15 minutes and still not get any answer. This will not only cost you marks but will also result in poor time management for the other parts of the paper.
- So the mantra here would be practice, practice and practice.
- Start by going through the basic questions of series.
- Solve 20-30 questions daily for the next 1 month. This will increase your speed, your exposure to various series combinations and moreover you will be prepared for the toughest
RRB NTPC Arithmetic Ability Study Plan
- Do not try to study everything because if you try and study everything you will end up cramming your schedule and ultimately risk being under prepared.
- Accuracy and Speed are the keys for scoring maximum in this section.
- Give 1 hour daily for Arithmetic Ability preparation.
- For the next 2-3 days, go through basic concepts and questions for topics stated above.
- Then take up each topic for 3 days and solve maximum questions possible on that topic.
- While doing the above exercise, solve at least 50 questions everyday.
- Start giving Mock Tests. Identify topics you are weak in and again attempt those topics.
- Mock Tests will also help you prepare a timing strategy.
- Talk to experts about those topics and get your doubts solved.
- Practice Practice Practice. All the BEST.
Friends this is it for How to prepare for arithmetic ability section of RRB NTPC