In this article you will get RRB NTPC Arithmetic Ability Pattern. RRB NTPC Arithmetic Ability Syllabus. Topic Wise Preparation Tips for Arithmetic Ability section of RRB NTPC. Study Plan for Arithmetic Ability Section of RRB NTPC.
In this article
RRB NTPC Arithmetic Ability
RRB NTPC will be conducted from 28th March 2016 to 30th April 2016. This means you have less than 1 month to prepare and ace the exam.
To help you prepare the best, we have started a series of articles on RRB NTPC Exam preparation. In this series we will tell you the pattern/syllabus, study plan, preparation tips and expected cutoffs of individual sections viz, Arithmetic Ability, General Intelligence, General Awareness and General Science.
Today we will take up Arithmetic Ability section of RRB NTPC.
RRB NTPC Arithmetic Ability: Pattern
- No. of questions: 25.
- Total marks: 25
- Marks per correct answer:1
- Negative Marking for incorrect answer: 0.33
RRB NTPC Arithmetic Ability Syllabus
2) Data Sufficiency
3) Data Interpretation.
4)Whole numbers &Decimals
5) Ratio & Proportion
8) Simple and Compound Interest
9) Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnerships
10) Mixture and Alligation
11) Time and distance, Time & Work
12) Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra & Elementary surds
13) Graphs of Linear Equations
15) Trigonometric ratio
16) Degree and Radian Measures
17) Complementary angles
18) Heights and Distance
19) Histogram, Frequency Polygon, Pie Chart, Bar Chart.
RRB NTPC Arithmetic Ability: Topic Wise Preparation Tips.
1. RRB NTPC Arithmetic Ability: Series.
- It is really easy to figure out from previous paper’s analysis that questions from Series constitute a major chunk of quantitative aptitude section. This is unlikely to change for this year’s paper too.
- In these type of questions, A series of numbers is given. All of which are interconnected with one another.
- The best part is that once you identify the pattern, solving the question becomes a cakewalk.
- There can be many patterns. viz.
- Prime Numbers.
- Squares/ Cubes.
- Patterns in differences.
- Pattern in alternate numbers.
- Geometric series.
- Odd one out.
- Cube roots/ square roots.
- Don’t rush through solving these type of questions. Give some time and you have 100% accuracy.
- Beware, if you do not practice for these type of questions, you will end up spending 10-15 minutes and still not get any answer. This will not only cost you marks but will also result in poor time management for the other parts of the paper.
- So the mantra here would be practice, practice and practice.
- Start by going through the basic questions of series.
- Solve 5 questions of series daily for the next 1 month. This will increase your speed, your exposure to various series combinations and moreover you will be prepared for the toughest level of Sitting arrangement questions by the time of your exam.
2.RRB NTPC Arithmetic Ability: Data Sufficiency.
- Read the given statements and do not to assume any data on your own.
- Don’t solve the question: Ask yourself whether the question could be solved with the information given in the statements. These questions are not supposed to involve long and drawn-out calculations. However if you still find yourself doing a lot of calculations, there is certainly something you’re not seeing.
- Use the first statement and combine it with main statement. If you get the answer answer is first statement is sufficient to answer the question.
- If first statement is not sufficient to find the answer, then take the second statement individually and combine with the main statement. If you can get the answer then answer is second statement alone is sufficient to answer the question.
3. RRB NTPC Arithmetic Ability: Data Interpretation.
- Data Interpretation is one of the most important part of the quantitative aptitude section.
- If you follow the recent pattern of questions, the Quantitative section will definitely have one and sometimes even more than one DI questions. The DI questions in the LIC AAO paper will be of high difficulty level.
- Most of the questions are from Pie charts, bar diagram and graphs.
- Read the questions carefully and understand what is being asked. Don’t start solving as soon as you see the question and the figures. Read and understand what is asked. Chances are that there will be a few questions that won’t even need calculations.
- Weigh your option. There will always be some questions that are comparatively easier to solve than others. Identify these questions and solve them quickly.
- Focus on solving one question at a time. Do not think about the next or the previous question and deliberately waste time and even end up solving the question wrong. Immerse yourself completely on the question at hand and if you feel its taking longer time then move to the next question.
RRB NTPC Arithmetic Ability Study Plan.
- Do not try to study everything because if you try and study everything you will end up cramming your schedule and ultimately risk being under prepared.
- Accuracy and Speed are the keys for scoring maximum in this section.
- Give 1 hour daily for Arithmetic Ability preparation.
- For the next 2-3 days, go through basic concepts and questions for topics stated above.
- Then take up each topic for 3 days and solve maximum questions possible on that topic.
- While doing the above exercise, solve at least 50 questions everyday.
- Start giving Mock Tests. Identify topics you are weak in and again attempt those topics.
- Mock Tests will also help you prepare a timing strategy.
- Talk to experts about those topics and get your doubts solved.
- Practice Practice Practice. All the BEST.
Friends this is it for Arithmetic Ability section of RRB NTPC.