How to fill the form of IBPS PO 2020 – Registration Process, Eligibility Criteria & Fees
IBPS PO Notification Out 2020: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection, IBPS has begun the online application process for the post of Probationary Officers (PO). The candidates can apply online from 5th August to 26th August 2020. The IBPS PO Preliminary Exam will be conducted on 3rd, 10th and 11th October 2020 while the results will be declared in November. A total of 11 banks will be participating this year for 1167 Vacancies of IBPS PO 2020.
The candidates can read about the IBPS PO 2020 Important Dates, Eligibility Criteria, IBPS PO 2020 Online Form, Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Cut off for the previous years, Salary, Preparation Tips, Study Materials on this page. All candidates who successfully complete their graduation by 28th August 2020 are eligible for IBPS PO 2020. Read Detailed IBPS PO Eligibility
- Eligible applicants can fill the application form through online mode only at the official website of IBPS.
- Applicants will have to register for the exam, fill the application form, upload documents, and pay the application fees for IBPS PO 2020.
- Application fees of INR 600 for General Category candidates and INR 100 for the Reserved category must be paid in online mode.
- Eligible applicants for Pre Exam Training must apply for the same in the application form.
- Candidates can check the status of their application by visiting the official website of IBPS and enter their login ID and Password.
- Post successful registration for PO Exam, Institute of Banking Personnel Selection will issue IBPS PO Admit Card 2020.
- This year, the Preliminary exam will be conducted on October 3, 4, and 10, 2020, and Main exam for IBPS PO is scheduled for November 28, 2020.
IBPS PO 2020 Application Form Official Dates
The following table shows all important dates of the events related to IBPS PO 2020 Registration:
|IBPS PO Exam 2020 Activity||Date|
|IBPS PO Notification 2020||4th August 2020|
|On-line registration (Modification, Online Payment) Starts From||5th August 2020|
|On-line registration (Modification, Online Payment) Ends on||26th August 2020|
|Download of call letters for Pre- Exam Training||September 2020|
|Conduct of Pre-Exam Training||21st to 26th September 2020|
|IBPS PO Preliminary Admit Card Release Date||October 2020|
|IBPS PO 2020 Preliminary Exam Date||3rd, 10th & 11th October 2020|
|IBPS PO Preliminary Result Date||October/ November 2020|
|IBPS PO 2020 Mains Exam Date||28th November 2020|
|IBPS PO Mains Result Date||December 2020|
|Conduct of interview||January / February 2020|
|IBPS PO 2002 Provisional Allotment||April 2021|
IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria 2020
Candidates must briefly go through minimum eligibility criteria before applying for the banking exam:
- Candidate must be an Indian citizen
- Candidates must be between 20 to 30 years of age as of August 1, 2020.
- Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree in any stream or equivalent qualification recognized by the government of India.
Documents Required for IBPS PO Registration
As per the latest notification, candidates must upload the following documents while filling the application form for IBPS PO 2020. The specifications for each document are mentioned below:
|Documents||Dimensions||File Size||File Type|
|Photograph||200 X 230 Pixels||20 – 50 KBs||JPG/ JPEG|
|Signature||140 X 60 Pixels||10 – 20 KBs||JPG/ JPEG|
|Left Thumb Impression||240 X 240 Pixels||20 – 50 KBs||JPG/ JPEG|
|Hand Written Declaration||800 X 400 Pixels||50 – 100 KBs||JPG/ JPEG|
Hand Written Declaration Text– “I, _______ (Name of the candidate), hereby declare that all the information submitted by me in the application form is correct, true and valid. I will present the supporting documents as and when required.”
IBPS PO 2020 Application Process
Candidates must apply for the exam by registering on the official website- ibps.in. The details entered in the application form 2020 will be used to generate IBPS PO Admit Card. Steps to apply for the exam are given below:
Step 1- Online IBPS PO Registration
- Visit ibps.in and click on ‘CWE PO/MT’.
- Click on the option “Click Here to Apply Online for CWE Probationary Officers/ Management Trainee (CWE PO/ MT- IX)”.
- Click on “Click Here for New Registration” tab and enter your Email ID, Mobile Number, and other details to register for the exam.
- Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated and displayed on the screen. Also, an Email and an SMS indicating IBPS Registration login credentials will be sent to the candidates.
Step 2- Filling IBPS PO Application Form 2020
Fill in the asked Personal, Educational, and communication Information such as Name, Nationality, Mobile Number; Qualifications, and Experiences. Also, enter the choice of IBPS PO Exam Center with correct state code for both Preliminary and Main examination. After filling the details, click on ‘I agree’ to declare that the information entered is authentic.
Note: Candidates are advised to carefully fill in the online application form as no change in any of the data will be possible/ entertained.
Step 3- Uploading Documents
Candidates must use their IBPS Registration login details to access their account and upload the following documents as per the specifications mentioned below.
- Candidate’s Passport Size Photograph
- Candidate’s Signature
- Left Thumb Impression
- Scanned copy of Hand Written Declaration
Step 4- Choosing Organization Preference
Select the preferred centers for Pre Exam Training and the participating bank to be recruited in. Once the form is submitted, no further changes can be made to the preference list.
Step 5- Pay IBPS PO Application Fee
The application fee can be paid via Debit/Credit Card, Net Banking, IMPS, Cash Card, and Mobile Wallets. The IBPS PO Application Fee once paid, shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
1. Enter details and pay the application fee
|General/ OBC/ EWS||INR 600|
|SC/ ST/ PWD||INR 100|
IBPS PO Application Form Correction
There is no provision to make any corrections in the IBPS PO Application Form after the final submission.
- Therefore, it is imperative to be careful while filling the form.
- Candidates can review their form before the final submission.
- If you have made a mistake while filling the form, you can apply again by filling another form since IBPS accepts the latest form filled by the candidate.
- However, the fee submitted earlier will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Candidates will have to make a fresh payment for the new application form.
Details Required in IBPS PO Application Form 2020
The details entered in the form will be used to issue the Admit Card for IBPS PO 2020. Hence, candidates ensure that there are no errors or confusion while filling the details like IBPS PO Exam Center, category, etc
|Details Asked||Filling Criteria|
|Category||Choose any one among the given categories|
|Category Code||Select appropriate category code|
|SC (OH)- 02|
|SC (VH)- 03|
|ST (OH)- 05|
|ST (VH)- 06|
|OBC (OH)- 08|
|OBC (VH)- 09|
|GEN (OH)- 11|
|GEN (VH)- 12|
|Religion||Select the appropriate religion from the drop-down menu|
|Number of times appeared for IBPS PO||Enter the correct number of attempts you have made for IBPS PO|
|Aadhar Card Details||Mention if you have Aadhar Card or not and its number|
|Nationality||Mention correct nationality|
|IBPS PO exam Center for Preliminary Examination||Mention State, State Code, and Select the Center from the drop-down menu|
|IBPS PO exam center for Main Examination||Enter State and State Code of the center; Select the center from the drop-down menu|
|Father’s Name||Enter first, middle and last name in maximum 35 characters each|
|Mother’s Name||Mention first, middle and last name in not more than 35 characters each|
|Correspondence Address||Mention correct address in maximum 35 characters|
|State||Choose the State from the drop-down|
|Pin code||Enter the correct 6 digit pin code|
|Permanent Address||Mention the permanent address if different from the Correspondence address in maximum 35 characters|
|Type of Bachelor’s Degree||Mention the details of your graduation degree|
|Subject/Stream||Mention the subject of the bachelor programme|
|Date of Passing||Mention the date of passing the degree in the format DD/MM/YYYY|
|Percentage of Marks||Enter the percentage obtained|
|Name of Employer||Name of the company where you are working presently followed by the older one in maximum of 35 characters each|
|Designation||Position at the company|
|Date of joining and leaving||Mention the joining and leaving date in the format DD/MM/YYYY|
|Years of Service||Mention the work experience in the format YY/MM|
|Language Known||Enter the languages known (multiple entries allowed)|
|Organization Preference Details||Mention the preferred organizations (any number of entries)|
Retrieving the IBPS PO 2020 Password
Candidates can retrieve the password in case they have forgotten it:
- Visit the official website and click on “Click here to apply for CWE PO/ MT-IX
- Click on the “Forgot Password” on the right side of the screen.
- On the new page, enter the Registration Number and registered Mobile Number or Email ID.
- Click on “Submit”
- The new password will be sent to a registered Email ID or Mobile number.
- Log in with the system with the newly generated password.
If candidates need any assistance while filling the IBPS PO Application form, they can contact the authorities through the helpline numbers given below
Helpline Numbers- 1800 222 366, 1800 103 4566
The service will be available from 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. except on Saturday, Sunday, and bank holidays applicable in the state of Maharashtra.
Things to Remember
- After completing the application process for the IBPS PO exam, the candidate should take a printout of the on-line application form and confirmation page, and retain it along with Registration Number and Password for future reference. They should not send this printout to the IBPS or Participating Banks.
- All the charges will be accepted in Indian Rupee. If in case the candidate uses a non-Indian credit card, the bank will convert the local currency based on current exchange rates.
- An online application form will not be considered valid without proper passport size photograph and signature uploaded in the online application form or unsuccessful fee payment.
- The candidate must be responsible for the information furnished in the application form.
- In the case of multiple applications, the latest complete application will be retained by the conducting authority and the already paid application fee for other IBPS PO Online Applications will stand forfeited.
- The candidate must upload the documents in the mentioned format and size. They must retain copies of the same photograph as it can be used at various stages of the IBPS PO Selection Process. If the candidate fails to produce the same photograph at any stage, he/she may get disqualified.
- The order of preference for participating organizations has been inbuilt in the IBPS PO application form. Candidates should indicate their order of preferences at this stage. No requests for change in this connection shall be entertained.
IBPS PO Application Process FAQs
Ques. I was not able to open the official website of IBPS – www.ibps.in. Can I apply through some other website also?
Ans. No, this is the only website through which you can apply for IBPS PO. You may once check your internet connection speed, try using some other browser, or clear cookies and history, and then try again.
Ques. Is the IBPS PO application form also available to be submitted in the offline mode?
Ans. No, the IBPS PO application form can only be filled and submitted in the online mode at the official website of IBPS – www.ibps.in.
Ques. Why has IBPS made the application submission process online?
Ans. Almost all the undergraduate-based entrance exams have switched the registration or application process online because of the following major benefits:
- Online application form submission process is the fastest and easiest way to apply for any exam.
- It saves applicant’s time and also reduces workload of the candidates and the organizing committee.
- Manual application form filling process is comparatively lengthy and prone to error.
Ques. What is the online application fee for IBPS PO?
Ans. For SC, ST and PWD candidates, it is INR 100. For others, it is INR 600.
Ques. What are the major steps of the IBPS PO online application?
Ans. The major steps are listed below:
- Online registration
- Filling up an online application.
- Uploading of scanned documents.
- Online fee payment.
- Final submission of application.
- Printing of acknowledgment page.