PM Modi to visit Pak next year
- In a breakthrough, India and Pakistan decided to revive the stalled dialogue process and find ways to expedite trial of the Mumbai attack case as Prime Ministers Narendra Modi and Nawaz Sharif agreed to cooperate to eliminate terrorism from South Asia.
Bandhan Bank strikes deal to raise Rs1,500 crore
- Bandhan is in the process of raising Rs.1,500 crore from three investors—International Finance Corp. (IFC) of the World Bank Group, the Singapore government’s GIC Pvt. Ltd and Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI).
Greece seeks €53.5 billion bailout in effort to keep euro
- The government of Greek prime minister Alexis Tsipras sought a three-year bailout loan of at least €53.5 billion ($59.2 billion), in a last-ditch effort to keep the country in the euro.
- In exchange, it offered a package of reforms and spending cuts, including pension savings and tax increases, similar to the one presented by creditors last month.
Serena downs Sharapova again to reach Wimbledon final
- Serena Williams powered into her eighth Wimbledon final as she maintained her 11-year mastery of Maria Sharapova with a 6-2, 6-4 demolition.
- She will face 20th seed Garbine Muguruza on Saturday in her first Wimbledon final since 2012.