IBPS PO Prelims results were declared on October 16th 2015. A big hearty congratulations to candidates who cleared it. To all those candidates, who despite their best efforts couldn’t clear it, please don’t be disheartened there are many exams in store for you! Checkout tomorrow’s post for comphrehensive list of upcoming exams.
Clearing IBPS PO prelims isn’t the final destination on the road to becoming a PO officer in Indian banks, rather its just a small pit stop. The real race starts now as IBPS PO Mains is a completely different ballpark than prelims. How?
- The number of questions have been increased from 100 in prelims to 200 in the mains examination.
- The time duration has also increased from 60 minutes in prelims to 120 minutes in the mains examination.
- The biggest difference is the difficulty level: IBPS PO Prelim is a comparatively easy exam conducted as a filter to separate only a handful of candidates for the real test with mind boggling questions.
- All the candidates appearing for IBPS Mains have prepared exceptionally well and are at the top of their game (as evident by the fact that they cleared IBPS Prelims), so you can expect the cutoff to be on the higher side.
- The sectional cut off will play a major role in eliminating candidates.
Let us now go through expected cutoffs and preparation tips for individual sections of IBPS PO Mains followed by expected overall cutoff for ibps mains 2015.
Expected sectional cutoff and preparation tips for IBPS PO Mains 2015:
- 50 questions will be asked from this section. This is an increase of 15 questions from IBPS prelims.
- Solving 15 more reasoning questions will be tedious and hence more time time consuming.
- The difficulty level can be expected be a notch higher with more questions to be asked from complex sections.
- Focus on improving your skills in Input output machine, coding decoding, seating arrangement and syllogisms.
- Don’t be relaxed thinking you have done all this before. Its time to sharp your skills and be the best. You can’t leave any stone unturned.
- The expected cut off for reasoning section of IBPS PO mains 2015 is 12-15. If you are very weak in reasoning then focus on clearing sectional cutoff and focus on easier topics like blood relations, series and assumptions.
- Daily attempt atleast 10 questions from each topic.
- Try to learn a new concept or a shortcut and practice it until you perfect it.
2. Quantitative Aptitude:
- Again 50 questions will be asked in IBPS Mains 2015 from this section.
- It is imperative that you score most of your marks in this section.
- If you feel that quantitative aptitude is your weak link, then start now. There is no time left.
- You can’t afford to just clear the sectional cutoff for this section, remember candidates who clear mains will have highest marks in quant section.
- Focus on Permutation and Combinations , Probability and Data Interpretation.
- Revise the concepts you have already learned for in IBPS Po Prelims.
- We can’t stress more on the fact that speed is everything. If you have completed the following tasks by now, its great, if not do it now
- Squares, cubes, square roots and cube roots : squares of first 30 whole numbers and cubes of first 20 numbers.
- Rules of Surds and Indices
- Multiplication and division of large numbers and Multiplication tables up to 30 or 35
- Addition and subtraction of fractions
- Conversion of fractions to percentage and vice versa.
- Not only will this increase your speed but it will also make your calculations more precise and result in higher marks.
- The expected cut off for Quant section of IBPS PO Mains 2015 is 12-14
- If you are unable to revise or master every concept, focus on DI and arithmetic.
- This topic is mostly similar to prelims examination, in terms of pattern and difficulty level.
- You may encounter 2 passages or cloze tests.
- The key lies in choosing the passage or cloze test in which you are most comfortable in.
- Read Reading Comprehension tips and Cloze passage tips.
- Don’t allot more than 20 minutes in this section.
- In 20 minutes you should be able to solve 80% questions from this section and comfortably clear the cutoff, plus get a handsome score as well.
- Leave the other 20%, as it may gobble extra 10 minutes of your precious time.
- This means identifying problems which you can solve in less time and leaving the ones that are looking complex or unknown.
- The expected sectional cutoff for English section of IBPS Mains 2015 is 7-9.
- Increase READING SPEED! There is no alternative to it and nothing better than it.
4. Computer Knowledge section:
- This is where the stakes change. The computer knowledge and general awareness sections. They were not part of IBPS PO prelims. Candidates will have to start afresh for these sections.
- The best part about computer knowledge section is that you don’t need to solve anything in the paper.
- The questions is of such type that you either know the answer or you don’t.
- There is no concept or anything of that sorts.
- The only way to prepare for CK section is practice.
- Practice as many questions as you can from wherever you can.
- Don’t waste time reading material on Computer knowledge.
- Instead attempt Daily Computer Knowledge quiz.
- The expected cut off for Computer knowledge of IBPS PO mains is 6-8.
5. General Awareness:
- The ulitmate game changer.
- 40 questions will be asked from this section.
- Dont give more than 15 minutes for GA.
- Read newspaper like Economics Times, The Hindu and magazines like pratiyogita darpan.
- Also checkout our daily current affairs update and current affairs quiz.
- This section will catapult your scores to overall cutoffs.
- The expected sectional cutoff for General Awareness section of IBPS PO mains will be 8-10.
Expected Overall Cutoff for IBPS PO MAINS 2015.
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||69-72|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||52-55|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||50-52|
|Hearing Impaired (HI)||25-27|
|Orthopedically Challenged (OC)||22-24|
|Visually Impaired (VI)||20-22|
Tips to Attempt complete IBPS PO MAINS 2015.
- Start off with either English or General Awareness. If english is one of your weakest links, choose general awareness. Attempt maximum questions from these sections and boost your confidence. Finish both sections in a composite time of 40 minutes.
- Now you are left with 80 minutes and 3 sections.
- Solve the Computer Knowledge section in not more than 10 minutes. Look out for negative marking.
- 3 gone 2 to go.
- If Quant and Reasoning both fall under your stronger sections, go for Quant followed by reasoning. This is because in quant even if you give time to solve a question, you are pretty much certain it would be correct. You know the formula, apply it, get the answer and carry on. Reasoning can be tough in the sense that you might waste time in finding out the logic(which is unknown) and not score well.
- if you are weak in Quant make sure you attempt atleast 10 questions in it accurately to clear the sectional cutoff.
- Keep a margin of 10 minutes for the questions which end up taking 10-20 seconds more than the usual but can be solved correctly.
Friends we hope you would find the expected cutoff and preparation tips for IBPS MAINS 2015 useful.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them in the comments section below and we will be more than happy to answer them for you!