English Grammer Test Series: Noun Quiz
Read the Study Notes for Noun in English Grammar Preparation Series before solving this quiz. Read Study Notes Here!
English Grammar Quiz 1: Nouns
Point out the Nouns in the following sentences, and say whether they are Common, Proper, Collective or Abstract:
- The crowd was very big.
- Always speak the truth.
- We all love honesty.
- Our class consists of twenty pupils.
- The elephant has great strength.
- Solomon was famous for his wisdom.
- Cleanliness is next to godliness.
- We saw a fleet of ships in the harbour.
- The class is studying grammar.
- The Godavari overflows its banks every year.
- A committee of five was appointed.
- Jawaharlal Nehru was the first Prime Minister of India.
- The soldiers were rewarded for their bravery.
- Without health there is no happiness.
- He gave me a bunch of grapes.
- I recognized your voice at once.
- Our team is better than theirs.
- Never tell a lie.
- Wisdom is better than strength.
- He sets a high value on his time.
- I believe in his innocence.
- This room is thirty feet in length.
- I often think of the happy days of childhood.
- The streets of some of our cities are noted for their crookedness.
- What is your verdict, gentlemen of the jury?
Write the Collective Nouns used to describe a number of
Write the qualities that belong to boys who are
Friends this is it for Quiz 1. Feel free to ask us any queries and questions you have in the comments section below and we will be glad to answer them for you.