English Grammar Test Series: Active and Passive Voice
Question 1: Rewrite the following sentences so that the verbs will be in the active voice.
- We are taught grammar by Ms Sullivan.
- He was praised by the teacher.
- The injured were taken to the hospital by the firemen.
- The town was destroyed by an earthquake.
- The teacher was pleased with the boy’s work.
- The building was damaged by the fire.
- By whom were you taught French?
- You will be given a ticket by the manager.
- The streets were thronged with spectators.
- We will be blamed by everyone.
- The trees were blown down by the wind.
- The thieves were caught by the police.
- The letter was posted by Alice.
- We were received by the hostess.
- The snake was killed with a stick.
- The minister was welcomed by the people.
- He was found guilty of murder.
- This house was built by John Mathews in 1991.
Choose the appropriate options to complete the sentences.
- Most of the patient visits —- to physician assistants in the recent years all around the world.
- have been made
- was made
- will have been made
- have made
- These differences between two photographs —- with the help of Photoshop.
- should remove
- must have removed
- have to remove
- could have been removed
- were able to remove
- No clinical studies —- in this child disease research so far.
- had completed
- will be completed
- have completed
- had to complete
- have been completed
- The government —- that the tasks —- with great success.
- is confirming / maintained
- confirms / have been maintained
- was confirmed / have maintained
- will confirm / had been maintained
- confirmed / are maintaining
- With this comprehensive international report, the country’s position in the regional and global arena —- with measurable criteria.
- is to identify
- will be identified
- is going to identify
- The critics —- that the review —- as a book in English and in many other languages.
- are said / could be published
- say / can be published
- will say / had been published
- said / may be published
- have said / should publish
- New legislation —- in congress but it —- by many.
- was introduced / wasn’t accepted
- introduced / didn’t accept
- will be introduced / isn’t accepted
- introduced / hadn’t been accepted
- is introduced / won’t accept
- If you would like to know what —- in the project so far, you —- the full report at our website.
- has been completed / may be visited
- completed / will be found
- will be completed / should be found
- was completed / had been found
- has been completed / can find
- These clothes —- for daily use so you —- them wherever you want.
- design / should be worn
- will be designed / must wear
- are designed / can wear
- were designed / could be worn
- designed / might be worn
- A more developed model of this car —- in the showroom soon.
- is going to show
- will be shown
- was shown
- has been shown
- had shown
English Grammar Test Series Quick Links:
|Quiz 1||Quiz 6||Quiz 11|
|Quiz 2||Quiz 7||Quiz 12|
|Quiz 3||Quiz 8||Quiz 13|
|Quiz 4||Quiz 9||Quiz 14|
|Quiz 5||Quiz 10||Quiz 15|