English Grammar Quiz 6: The Verb
Name the Verbs in the following sentences, and tell in each case whether the Verb is Transitive or Intransitive. Where the Verb is Transitive name the Object:
- The sun shines brightly.
- The boy cut his hand with a knife.
- The clock stopped this morning.
- The policeman blew his whistle.
- The sun rises in the east.
- An old beggar stood by the gate.
- The clock ticks all day long.
- I looked down from my window.
- Put away your books.
- The moon rose early.
- The cat sleeps on the rug.
- Cocks crow in the morning.
- Your book lies on the table.
- The fire burns dimly.
- Time changes all things.
- We eat three times a day.
- Tell the truth.
- The birds sing in the green trees.
- The little bird hopped about and sang.
- My new watch does not keep good lime.
- The beggar sat down by the side of the road.
- I could not spare the time.
- He took shelter under a tree.
- The boy easily lifted the heavy weight.
- Balu wrote a letter to his uncle.
- A tiny bird lived under the caves.
- I know a funny little man.
- Birds fly in the air.
- A light rain fell last night.
- I shall bring my camera with me.
- You speak too loudly.
- The dog ran after me.
Write five sentences containing Transitive Verbs, and five containing Intransitive Verbs.
English Grammar Test Series Quick Links:
|Quiz 1||Quiz 6||Quiz 11|
|Quiz 2||Quiz 7||Quiz 12|
|Quiz 3||Quiz 8||Quiz 13|
|Quiz 4||Quiz 9||Quiz 14|
|Quiz 5||Quiz 10||Quiz 15|