Salman Khan found guilty in 2002 hit-and-run case
- He was charged with killing one person and injuring four by ramming his SUV into a bakery shop in suburban Bandra 13 years ago.
- He has been given interim bail for two days by the Bombay High Court.
Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Koda, 13 others summoned as accused
- Congress leader Naveen Jindal and 14 others, including Dasari Narayan Rao and Madhu Koda, were summoned as accused by a Special Court in the Jharkhand’s Amarkonda Murgadangal coal block allocation scam case.
- Special CBI Judge Bharat Parashar directed all the accused to appear before court on May 22.
Lok Sabha passes GST Constitutional Amendment Bill
- The Lok Sabha passed the Constitutional Amendment Bill that will bring in the goods and services tax (GST), a single indirect tax that will come in place of a number of central- and state-level taxes and levies.
- The bill was passed after division, with 352 members voting in favour of the bill and 37 against.
Market ends at lowest level in 2015, Sensex plunges 723 pts
- The 30-share BSE Sensex shed 722.77 points or 2.63 percent to 26717.37.
- The 50-share NSE Nifty closed below the 8100-mark, down 227.80 points or 2.74 percent to 8097.