He will take charge in June, when Ajit Kumar Seth completes his extended tenure
2. Radioactive leak detected at IGI Airport in Delhi
The leak was located to a consignment from Turkey, which contained radioactive compounds for therapeutic use.
3. Muhammadu Buhari to be sworn in as Nigeria president
He is the first opposition figure to win a presidential election in Nigeria since independence in 1960.
4. Jayalalithaa to contest from RK Nagar constituency
The election will be held on June 27 and the filing of nomination begins on June 3.
5. Vodafone sells its 4.2% stake in Bharti Airtel for $200 million
In 2005, Vodafone had picked 10% stake in Bharti Airtel.
6. Abhinav Bindra seals berth for fifth consecutive Olympics
He is the fourth Indian shooter to qualify for 2016 Rio Olympics