- She was sentenced to four years in jail and fined Rs 100 crore on September 27, 2014.
- She was convicted in the DA case that was launched by Subramanian Swamy on 20 August 1996.
2. KV Kamath appointed BRICS bank president
- He is one of India’s most well-known bankers. He retired as Managing Director and CEO of ICICI bank in April 2009.
3. Land Acquisition Bill moved in Lok Sabha again
- The bill, which seeks to replace an ordinance, was passed by the LS in the earlier part of the budget session in Feb
- All major opposition parties staged a walkout in protest over the introduction of the bill.
4. India, Pakistan set to play five bilateral series over next 8 years
- The series, which will involve three Tests, five ODIs and two T20s, is part of the MOU signed in 2014 between cricket boards of both countries.
5. Vikas Gowda Wins Gold in Jamaican International Invitation Meet
- Chad Wright of Jamaica was second while Jared Schuurmans of United States was third