Daily GK Current Affairs Quiz for helping you crack the general awareness section of competitive exams. The daily GK questions will help you stay aware. [no_toc]
Daily GK Current Affairs Quiz – May 1st, 2017
Daily GK will help you answer questions like these. Staying aware is the key to cracking daily GK questions across exams.
- When is the World Labour Day celebrated?
|A. 1st May|
|B. 30th April|
|C. 1st June|
|D. 1st April|
- Which is the most corrupt state of India according to CMS corruption study 2017?
|B. Tamil Naidu|
|C. Andhra Pradesh|
- Which Country hosted Global Mobile Internet Conference?
- Which former Indian minister has been named for Japanese Honour?
|A. Ashwani Kumar|
|C. L.K Advani|
|D. Sushma Swaraj|
- Which Indian sand artist won gold medal in Moscow competition?
|A. Nitish Bharti|
|B. Sudarsan Pattnaik|
|C. Rahul Arya|
|D. Dev Kumar|
- Which Indian city will run trial for country’s first ever electric taxi?
- Who has become the first-ever Indian racer to take pole in FIA Formula 3 European Championship?
|A. Alok Kumar|
|B. Jehan Daruvala|
|C. Siddharth Manchanda|
|D. Satish Kaushik|
- 8. Which city will host the 4th edition of National Standards Conclave (NSC)?
|D. New Delhi|
- Which country has completely banned mining of metals?
|A. El Salvador|
|C. South Africa|
- Who bagged the title of Man of the tournament in 2017 T-20 Deaf and Dumb Asia Cup?
|A. Oravin Patil|
|B. Samantha Pierre|
|C. Ary Trava|
|D. Yashwant Naidu|
11. Who has become the first Indian actor to deliver a speech at the internationally acclaimed TED Talks?
|A. Shah Rukh Khan|
|B. Amitabh Bachhan|
|C. Akshay Kumar|
|D. Aamir khan|
- Vinu Chakravarthy, who passed away recently, was the renowned personality of which field?
|D. Film Industry|
- Which of the following countries has launched the DAMPE (Dark Matter Particle Explorer) satellite?
|C. South Africa|
- White rust is an important fungal disease of?
- Participation of women in MGNREGA is about?
- Who is the union health minister of India who recently launched Test & Treat policy for HIV patients?
|A. Sushma Swaraj|
|B. Jagat Prakash Nadda|
|C. Narendra Modi|
|D. Amit Shah|
- What was the theme of World Immunization Week 2017 ?
|A. Close the immunization gap|
|B. Immunization saves lives|
|C. Vaccines work|
|D. Are you up to date?|
- Which India state hosted country’s first ever athletics meet for transgender?
- Who is the first Indian woman to drive Formula E racing car at a racetrack?
|A. Kirti Khare|
|B. Gul Panag|
|C. Milli Poonia|
|D. None of the above|
- Which Indian snooker player bagged silver medal in Asian Snooker Championship?
|A. Pankaj Advani|
|B. Vaibhav Kumar|
|C. Pallav Rawat|
|D. Manu Singh|
Daily GK Current Affairs Quiz: Answers & Explanations
|1. A||World Labour Day is celebrated every year on 1st may. It is the celebration of labourers and the working classes that is promoted by the international labour movement, socialists, communists or anarchists.|
|2. A||A survey conducted by a NGO reveals that Karnataka stands first in a list of states supposed to be corrupt on the basis of people’s experience in paying bribes for public services.|
|3. C||The Global Mobile Internet Conference is organized every year Silicon Valley. Mobile executives, entrepreneurs, developers, and investors from around the globe and across platforms attend GMIC each year.|
|4. A||Former Union minister Ashwani Kumar has been selected by Japan for this year’s Spring Imperial Decorations, for his contribution to strengthening of bilateral ties and promotion of friendship between the two countries.|
|5. B||Sudarsan Pattnai, the world famous Indian sand artist from Odisha bagged the jury prize gold medal at the 10th Moscow Sand art Championship. The theme for the competition was “The world around us”.|
|6. A||Nagpur will experience India’s first electric taxi (e- taxi) trial from May 24, 2017. Mahindra and Mahindra (M&M) will provide 200 taxis for this imitative. The e-taxi is one of the ambitious projects of the Union Government and forms as a part of its United Nations Development Program (UNDP) millennium goals to tackle pollution.|
|7. B||Jehan Daruvala has become the first Indian racer to occupy pole position in the FIA Formula 3 European Championships in the qualifying session for Round 2 in Monza, Italy.|
|8. D||The 4th edition of National Standards Conclave (NSC) will be held in New Delhi from May 1-2, 2017. The purpose of the conclave is to bring awareness and prepare Industries Central Government Ministries, State Governments, regulatory/standards setting and conformity assessment bodies on the growing importance of “Standards” in the changing scenario of global trade.|
|9. A||El Salvador has become the first country in the world to ban the mining of metals to protect water sources and the environment. According to the text published on April 27, 2017 in the official journal the law bans prospection, exploration, exploitation, extraction or processing of metallic minerals in El Salvador.|
|10. D||Yashwanth Naidu, a deaf and Dumb Cricketer from Andhra Pradesh, has been declared Man of the Tournament in the T-20 Asia Cup for his controlled bowling at Dhaka, Bangladesh.|
|11. A||Shah Rukh Khan has become the first Indian actor to deliver a speech at the internationally acclaimed TED Talks. TED stands for Technology, Entertainment and Design.|
|12. D||Vinu Chakravarthy (71), the veteran Tamil actor and scriptwriter, has passed away in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. He was famous for his unique stentorian voice and trade mark pauses in dialogue delivery.|
|13. A||The Dark Matter Particle Explorer, or DAMPE, is a Chinese Academy of Sciences satellite which was launched on 17 December 2015.|
|14. A||White rust is a disease in plants caused by the oomycete Albugo candida or one of its close relatives. Plants susceptible to this disease generally include members of the Brassica family.|
|16. B||Union Health minister Jagat Prakash Nadda, , has recently launched the Test and Treat policy for providing treatment to patients suffering from Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV). According to this policy, anyone who is tested and found HIV positive will be provided Anti- Retroviral Therapy (ART) treatment free of cost. Center will sponsor this scheme.|
|17. C||World Immunization Week is observed every year from April 24-30. The aim to celebrate this week is to heighten public awareness about the critical importance of full immunization throughout life. Theme for 2017 week was “#VaccinesWork,”|
|18. D||Kerala successfully organised a sports meet for transgenders, the first of its sort in the country. At least 130 athletes belonging to the third sex participated in the event.|
|19. B||Famous actress and automobile enthusiast, Gul Panag has become the first Indian woman to drive a Formula E racing car. She drove the M4Electro at the Circuit de Calafat in Catalonia,Spain. The M4Electro is a Mahindra fourth generation Formula E race car and a Season 4 challenger.|
|20. A||· India’s top cueist Pankaj Advani bagged silver medal in Asian Snooker Championship Advani lost 3-6 in the final to his Chinese opponent and it meant that he could not become the first player to win both Asian titles in Billiards and Snooker in same calendar year.|
Daily Current Affairs Digest
|CLICK HERE TO VIEW DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS DIGEST FOR MAY 1|