Daily GK Current Affairs Quiz for helping you crack the general awareness section of competitive exams. [no_toc]
Daily GK Current Affairs Quiz – April 27th, 2017
- In which district of Chhattisgarh did Naxal attack took place in which 25 CRPF jawans were martyred?
- Which three countries are chosen to pilot GSK malaria vaccine from 2018?
|A. Ghana, Maldives, China|
|B. Kenya, Ghana, Rajasthan|
|C. Malawi, Kenya, China|
|D. Ghana, Kenya, Malawi|
- Who won the Dadasaheb Phalke award for the year 2016 for his outstanding contribution to the film industry?
|A. Kasinadhuni Viswanath|
|B. M. Venkaiah Naidu|
|C. Amitabh Bachchan|
|D. Karan Johar|
- Which Actress will play the role of late astronaut Kalpana Chawla in her biopic?
|A. Aishwarya Rai|
|B. Priyanka Chopra|
|C. Madhuri Dixit|
|D. Katrina Kaif|
- When is the World Malaria Day celebrated?
|A. 25th April|
|B. 25th May|
|C. 30th March|
|D. 18th April|
- Who has been appointed as interim head of Badminton Association of India?
|A. Prafulla Samantra|
|B. Himanta Biswa Sharma|
|C. Akhilesh Das Gupta|
|D. Ramesh Agarwal|
- Which country will host Asia badminton championship?
|C. Sri Lanka|
- 8. Where was Northeast India’s largest IT hub inaugurated?
- Who is the IT and education minister of Tripura?
|A. Manik Sarkar|
|B. Tapan Chakraborty|
|C. Omkar Rai|
|D. Ashok Kumar|
- India’s first and longest sea ropeway will connect Mumbai to which of these famous islands?
|A. Elephanta Island|
|B. Salsette Island|
|C. Seven Island|
|D. Coco Island|
11. Who is the Indian shot putter who won gold in Asian Grand Prix ??
|A. Manpreet Kaur|
|B. Tintu Lunka|
|C. Dutee Chand|
- Which country has become the world’s largest importer of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG), according to Petroleum Planning & Analysis cell?
- Which method is applied to test the purity of a metal?
|A. Boyle’s law|
|B. Pascal’s law|
|C. Archimedes law|
|D. Newton’s law|
- Which factor is responsible for the decrease in the boiling point of water at higher altitudes?
|A. High temperature|
|B. Low temperature|
|C. High atmospheric pressure|
|D. Low atmospheric pressure|
- India is world’s_______.largest military spender, as per latest report by the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI)?
- Which country launched its first domestically-built aircraft carrier?
- What is the name of the app launched by Haryana Government to create awareness among pregnant women?
|A. Kilkari app|
|B. Vaccination app|
|C. Health app|
|D. tracker app|
- What is the name of Delhi Congress Chief, who resigned after the MCD elections results were declared?
|A. Shield Dixit|
|B. Manoj Tiwari|
|C. Ajay Maken|
|D. Arvind Kejriwal|
- When is the world Intellectual Property Day celebrated?
|A. 21st April|
|B. 20th March|
|C. 26th May|
|D. 26th April|
- Which Indian businessman has been appointed as Kazakhstan’s Honorary Consul?
|A. Suraj Shantakumar|
|B. Shyam Jaju|
|C. Anil Ambani|
|D. Ratan Tata|
Daily GK Current Affairs Quiz: Answers & Explanations
|1. A||15 CRPF jawans were martyred in Naxal attack at a road opening party of the security forces in Maoist-hit Sukma district of Chhattisgarh on 24th April 2017.|
|2. D||Ghana, Kenya and Malawi will pilot the world’s first malaria vaccine from 2018.These three countries are chosen for the pilot due to several factors, including having high rates of malaria as well as good malaria programs, wide use of bed-nets, and well-functioning immunization programs.|
|3. A||Renowned filmmaker and actor Kasinadhuni Viswanath, best known for his award-winning movies in Telugu, Tamil, and Hindi, has won the Dadasaheb Phalke award for the year 2016 for his outstanding contribution to the film industry.He will be the 48 recipients of the award, the highest recognition in Indian cinema, which consists of a golden lotus, a cash prize of ₹10 lakh and a shawl.|
|4. B||As per a report in Mid-Day, Priyanka’s team has locked the script for a biopic on Chawla. The biopic will be produced by a new company and directed by debutante Priya Mishra, who has been working on this for seven years.|
|5. A||World Malaria Day was established in May 2007 by the 60th session of the World Health Assembly, WHO’s decision-making body. The motto behind celebrating this day was to provide “education and understanding of malaria”.|
|6. B||BJP leader and Assam Badminton Association President Himanta Biswa Sarma was today appointed Badminton Association of India’s (BAI) interim head during its executive council meeting in Lucknow.|
|7. B||Asia badminton championship is a tournament organized by the Badminton Asia to crown the best badminton players in Asia. The tournament started in 1962 and is held annually since 1991.|
|8. A||Northeast India’s sixth and largest Information Technology (IT) hub was inaugurated here on 24th April 2017 to boost employment and e-governance besides to export software technology. This IT hub would help to create employment opportunities for the IT educated youths and to further extend the e-governance to the doorstep of people.|
|11. A||Indian shot putter Manpreet Kaur bagged gold in the Asian Grand Prix Athletics Meet. Manpreet came up with the best throw of 18.86m|
|12. A||According to data from Oil Ministry’s Petroleum Planning and Analysis Cell, China is the world’s largest importer of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG), whereas India toppled Japan to acquire the second position|
|13. C||Archimedes’ principle, physical law of buoyancy, discovered by the ancient Greek mathematician and inventor Archimedes, stating that any body completely or partially submerged in a fluid (gas or liquid) at rest is acted upon by an upward, or buoyant, force the magnitude of which is equal to the weight of the fluid displaced by the body.|
|14. D||As elevation increases, atmospheric pressure decreases because air is less dense at higher altitudes. … Therefore, less heat is required to make the vapour pressure equal to the atmospheric pressure. The boiling point is lower at higher altitude.|
|15. A||As per latest annual update of the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) military expenditure database, India has acquired the 5th position as largest military spender in 2016 with the expenditure of $55.9 billion for 2016-17. The United States is the largest military spender in the world with an expenditure of $611 billion.|
|16. B||e first aircraft carrier designed and built in China was launched Wednesday amid streamers and champagne.|
|17. A||The National Health Mission (NHM) in Haryana has recently launched a mobile-based application “Kilkari” to create awareness among pregnant women, parents and health workers on the importance of ante and post natal care, institutional delivery, and immunization. From the second trimester of pregnancy, till the child is one-year-old, the app will deliver 72 times appropriate audio messages to registered mobile numbers on pregnancy, child and childbirth care every week.|
|18. C||With the Congress losing the municipal corporation elections in Delhi, Ajay Maken today resigned as the Delhi Congress chief.|
He said he would continue as a dedicated Congress worker but would not take any party positions for the next one year.
|19. D||World Intellectual Property Day (WIP) is organized by WIPO on April 26 every year. The objective behind this day is to learn about the role that intellectual property rights (patents, trademarks, industrial designs, copyright) play in encouraging innovation and creativity.The theme for 2017 – “Innovation – Improving Lives”.|
|20. A||· The government of Kazakhstan has appointed the Chairman of Kirtilals Jewellers Suraj Shantakumar as its Honorary Consul for the southern states i.e Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, and Kerala.|
The Daily GK Current Affairs quiz has been compiled by Sagrika Mehta
Daily GK Current Affairs Digest
|CLICK HERE TO VIEW DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS DIGEST FOR APRIL 27|