Mumbai court rejects Teesta Setalvad’s anticipatory bail plea
- A CBI Special Court rejected the anticipatory bail plea of social activist Teesta Setalvad and her husband Javed Anand, paving the way for her immediate arrest.
- Setalvad, Anand and some others have been charged by the Central Bureau of Investigation with fraud and irregularities under the Foreign Contributions Regulation Act on foreign donations received by the activist’s Sabrang NGO.
Turkey strikes Islamic State targets in Syria for the first time
Turkish fighter jets struck at least three Islamic State targets in neighboring Syria, marking a major strategic shift that could draw Turkey’s NATO-allied forces deeper into the fight against the militants.
IDFC gets banking licence from Reserve Bank of India
- Infrastructure finance company IDFC Ltd had received the final license from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to start its banking operations.
- IDFC along with Kolkata-based Bandhan Financial Services Ltd were the two non-banking finance companies that received an ‘in-principle’ nod by the RBI to start new banks in 2014.
NITI Aayog sets up expert panel on promoting innovation
- NITI Aayog has constituted an expert panel to suggest ways to promote innovation and entrepreneur friendly ecosystem for pushing job growth.
- The group will also workout the detailed contours of Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) and Self-Employment & Talent Utilisation (SETU)
Afghanistan, Oman grab final ICC World T20 2016 spots
Afghanistan sealed their qualifying spot with a six-wicket win over Papua New Guinea.