CSK, Rajasthan Royals suspended for two years
- The Supreme Court-appointed Justice R.M. Lodha Committee suspended IPL cricket franchisees India Cements Ltd (ICL) and Jaipur IPL Pvt Ltd (JIPL) from the Indian Premier League for two years.
- The committee further suspended for life former BCCI president N. Srinivsan’s son-in-law and IPL team Chennai Super Kings’ official Gurunath Meiyappan and former Rajasthan Royals part-owner Raj Kundra from involving with BCCI in any cricket matches.
CBI raids activist Teesta’s premises in Mumbai
- CBI carried out searches at premises of social activist Teesta Setalvad and her organisation in connection with a case of alleged violation of the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act in receiving funds from abroad without taking prior permission from the Home Ministry.
Court orders framing of charges against ex-Jharkhand CM Koda, 8 others
- Former Jharkhand chief minister Madhu Koda, ex-Coal Secretary H C Gupta, former Jharkhand Chief Secretary Ashok Kumar Basu and six others were ordered to be put on trial by a special court on charges of corruption, criminal conspiracy and cheating in connection with a coal block allocation scam case.
Iran agrees to an historic nuclear deal
- Iran and six major world powers reached a nuclear deal on Tuesday, capping more than a decade of negotiations with an agreement that could transform the Middle East.
- Under the deal, sanctions imposed by the United States, European Union and United Nations will be lifted in return for Iran agreeing long-term curbs on a nuclear program that the West has suspected was aimed at creating a nuclear bomb.
MS Viswanathan, iconic Tamil music composer, passes away at 87
- MS Viswanathan, known popularly in the industry as MSV, has a huge body of work in Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam with over 750 films