Euro zone leaders clinch deal on Greece bailout
- Euro zone leaders clinched a deal with Greece to negotiate a third bailout to keep the near-bankrupt country in the euro zone.
- The deal calls for Greeks, already reeling from harsh measures and economic decline, to cut back even further in exchange for more loans without which its financial system would surely collapse.
Lt Gen Rai to be next Vice-Chief of Army
- Lt Gen Man Mohan Singh Rai has been appointed as the next Vice-Chief of the Indian Army. He is presently posted as the Eastern Army Commander at Kolkata.
- He will replace Lt Gen Philip Campose, who superannuates on July 31.
Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata dies
- Japanese videogame maker Nintendo Co Ltd’s chief executive and president, Satoru Iwata, died due to a growth in his bile duct.
- Iwata underwent surgery in June 2014 to remove the growth and had resumed his duties after a brief period of recovery.
Rayudu ruled out of Zimbabwe tour, Samson called in
- Wicketkeeper-batsman Sanju Samson was today named as a replacement for injured Ambati Rayudu for the remainder of India’s tour of Zimbabwe.
Martina Hingis and Sania Mirza win Wimbledon women’s doubles title
- This is Sania Mirza’s first-ever women’s doubles Grand Slam title.
- Hingis won the Wimbledon doubles with Helena Sukova in 1996 and Jana Novotna in 1998.