WTO reach landmark $1.3 trillion IT trade deal
- The World Trade Organisation (WTO) has struck a deal where over 200 information technology products would be freed from import tariffs
- This agreement builds on an initial accord reached by 54 WTO members on July 18, which will be used as a basis for implementation work to begin.
World’s first malaria vaccination approved
- The world’s first malaria vaccine has received a green light from European drugs regulators who recommended it should be licensed for use in babies in Africa who are at risk of the mosquito-borne disease.
- The shot, called RTS,S or Mosquirix, would be the first licensed human vaccine against a parasitic disease and could help prevent millions of cases of malaria in countries that use it.
Suresh Narayanan to replace Etienne Benet as Nestle India MD
- After 17 long years, an Indian will be heading Nestle India.
Civilian killed in grenade attack in Anantnag, 6 injured
- A civilian was killed and six others, including a CRPF jawan, injured in a grenade attack by militants in Anantnag district of south Kashmir.
- The attack comes a day after militants lobbed three grenades targeting mobile communication facilities in the city.
Sreesanth, Chandila, Chavan acquitted in IPL spot-fixing case
- All the 36 accused including former India capped cricketer S. Sreesanth were discharged in the IPL-6 spot-fixing case by a Delhi court.