Daily Current Affairs Digest has been specially been compiled by us to help you stay aware of all the events that happen around you and the world. Our daily current affairs digest will help you immensely while revising for the general awareness sections of all major competitive examinations.
Daily Current Affairs Digest
Here are the top 5 events that made their place in our daily current affairs digest.
||China to launch its own encyclopaedia to rival Wikipedia
||J&K to get world’s highest railway bridge
||India test fires nuclear-capable Agni-II missile
||Indore is cleanest city: Swachh Survekshan 2017
||Cabinet makes domestic steel products mandatory in government projects
China to launch its own encyclopaedia to rival Wikipedia
- China plans to launch its own online encyclopaedia next year,
- Motto behind this project is to rival Wikipedia and Britain’s Encyclopaedia Britannica as a go-to information source for Chinese Internet users who it fears are being corrupted by foreign influences.
- This encyclopaedia will be entirely written by professionals
Jammu and Kashmir to get world’s highest railway bridge
- In around two years from now, the Chenab river in Jammu and Kashmir will be spanned by the world’s highest railway bridge that is expected to be 35 metres taller than the Eiffel Tower.
- The massive arch-shaped structure, being constructed at a cost of around Rs 1,100 crore in hostile terrain, will use over 24,000 tonnes of steel and will rise 359 m above the river bed
- The bridge forms a crucial link in the 111-km stretch between Katra and Banihal, which is part of the Udhampur- Srinagar-Baramulla rail link project.
India test fires nuclear-capable Agni-II missile
- India on Thursday successfully test fired its medium-range nuclear-capable ballistic missile Agni-ll off the Odisha coast.
- The trial of the surface-to-surface missile was conducted from Launch Complex-4 of Integrated Test Range (ITR) in the APJ Abdul Kalam Island in Balasore district, said Defence Ministry officials.
- Agni-II has two solid fuel stages and a Post Boost Vehicle (PBV) integrated into the missile’s Re-entry Vehicle (RV). The 20-metre missile is a two-stage, solid propelled ballistic missile.
- It has a strike range of more than 2,000 km, is 20 metres long, weighs 17 tonnes and can carry a payload of 1,000 kg.
Indore is cleanest city: Swachh Survekshan 2017
- Indore in Madhya Pradesh is India’s cleanest city while Gonda in Uttar Pradesh is the dirtiest, according to the ‘Swachh Survekshan-2017’, announced by the government The ‘Swachh Survekshan-2017’ ranked Gonda as the dirtiest city and Bhusawal in Maharashtra stand second-last in the ranking
- Gujarat has the maximum of 12 cities among the top 50 clean cities, closely followed by Madhya Pradesh with 11 and Andhra Pradesh with eight.Uttar Pradesh accounted for half of the bottom 50 cities in the cleanliness ranking.
Cabinet makes domestic steel products mandatory in government projects
- The Cabinet gave its nod to a new policy that aims to achieve steel making capacity of 300 million tonnes by 2030.
- The Cabinet also approved a policy for the use of domestic steel products in government organisations.
Daily Current Affairs Quiz
The above daily current affairs digest has been compiled by Sagrika Mehta