Daily Current Affairs Digest for helping you crack the general awareness section of competitive exams.
Daily Current Affairs Digest- April 29th, 2017
||C.A. Bhavani Devi becomes first Indian to win a Gold in International Fencing tournament
||World’s Largest Telescope is being constructed in Chile
||India and Mauritius Signs Four Agreements
||Sangeet Natak Akademi Puraskar for Satyabrata Rout
||Newly Built Aeronautical Test Range at Chitradurga in Karnataka
C.A. Bhavani Devi becomes first Indian to win a Gold in International Fencing tournament
- India’s C.A Bhavani Devi has become first Indian to win a Gold Medal in an international fencing tournament.
- She has won the gold medal in the sabre event of the Turnoi Satellite Fencing Championship held at Reykjavik in Iceland.
World’s Largest Telescope is being constructed in Chile
- Construction works for building Extremely Large Telescope (ELT) has commenced in Chile.
- After completion, the Extremely Large Telescope will become the world’s largest optical telescope which will be five times larger than the top observing instruments that are in use today.
India and Mauritius Signs Four Agreements
- India and Mauritius have signed four agreements after delegation-level talks between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Prime Minister of Mauritius Pravind Kumar Jugnauth in New Delhi.
- Four agreements were :
- Agreement on Maritime Security
- Memorandum of understanding (MoU) for setting up of a civil services college in Mauritius.
- MoU was signed between the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) and Mauritius Oceanography Institute in marine sciences and technology.
- Submission of instrument of ratification of International Solar Alliance (ISA) by Mauritius.
Sangeet Natak Akademi Puraskar for Satyabrata Rout
- Satyabrata Rout has been awarded Sangeet Natak Akademi Puraskar for the year 2016.
- He has been awarded for developing a unique method of teaching and practicing direction and design achieved from his experience working with eminent theatre practitioners and scholars.
Newly Built Aeronautical Test Range at Chitradurga in Karnataka
- Defence Minister Arun Jaitley has inaugurated the newly built Aeronautical Test Range (ATR) of the Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO) at Chitradurga in Karnataka.
- Aeronautical Test Range (ATR) is the first of its kind range that has been set up by the Aeronautical Development Establishment (ADE), one of the premier laboratories of the DRDO.
The above daily current affairs digest has been compiled by Sagrika Mehta
Daily Current Affairs Digest for all days in May