Daily Current Affairs Digest has been specially been compiled by us to help you stay aware of all the events that happen around you and the world. Our daily current affairs digest will help you immensely while revising for the general awareness sections of all major competitive examinations.
Daily Current Affairs Digest
Here are the top 5 events that made their place in our daily current affairs digest.
||India-Turkey ink ICT, Training and Culture Agreements.
||India’s 2nd tallest flag pole inaugrated in Kolhapur.
||Vidya-Veerta Abhiyan launched.
||Dept. of Telecommunication launches portal on Mobile Tower Radiation.
||Tejas Express to have Automatic doors, Braille display.
India-Turkey ink ICT, Training and Culture Agreements.
- Three important agreements were inked after delegation level talks between Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
- A cultural exchange programme agreement for the years 2017-2020.
- A MoU was signed between the Foreign Services Institute (FSI) of India and the Diplomacy Academy of Turkey. A MoU aimed at greater cooperation in the area of information and communication technologies (ICT).
India’s 2nd tallest flag pole inaugrated in Kolhapur.
- India’s 2nd tallest flag pole was inaugurated at Police Training Academy Gardens in Kolhapur by Maharashtra chief minister Devendra Fadnavis.
- The height of the pole is 303ft. The pole stands 90 meters tall, measures 60 metres wide and weighs a whopping 24 tonnes.
- The Indo-Pak Attari border is home to the tallest flag pole in the country which is 360 feet high.
Vidya-Veerta Abhiyan launched
- The MHRD Prakash Javadekar today launched the Vidya Veerti Abhiyan – a nationwide movement to encourage universities and educational institutes to display portraits of Param Veer chakra decorated soldiers.
- This abhiyan was launched after demands were made by ex-servicemen to display them to instil pride among Indian youth.
Dept. of Telecommunication launches portal on Mobile Tower Radiation.
- The Department of Telecommunications today launched ‘Tarang Sanchar’ – a web portal aimed at allowing people to track radiation emitted from mobile towers within their locality.
- This portal will also enable citizens to check for the radiation level’s compliance with the Electromagnetic field (EMF) emission norms defined by the government.
Tejas Express to have Automatic doors, Braille display.
- The Indian Railway is geared to launch a swanky 20 coach premier ‘Tejas Express‘ train (promised in budget 16-17) on the Mumbai-Goa route.
- The Tejas Express is expected to a ‘First’ at many features like: automatic doors and secured gangways for all coaches, along with braille displays, digital destination boards, and electronic passenger reservation charts.
Daily Current Affairs Quiz
The above daily current affairs digest has been compiled by Sagrika Mehta