Daily Current Affairs Digest for helping you crack the general awareness section of competitive exams.
Daily Current Affairs Digest- April 15th, 2017
||Cyber attack hits 150 nations, number may rise
||Rafael Nadal bags Madrid Open Title
||India jumps 73 spots to 26 rank in World Bank’s power list: Piyush Goyal
||Chemical protective clothing sale to India by US
||Lewis Hamilton Wins Spanish Grand Prix
Cyberattack hits 150 nations, number may rise
- Investigators are looking for those behind the hack that affected systems at banks, hospitals and government agencies globally, media reports said.
- Technical staff scrambled on Sunday to patch computers and restore infected ones.
- The threat is “escalating” as cyber experts warned that another attack was imminent in coming days.
Rafael Nadal bags Madrid Open Title
- Rafael Nadal beat Dominic Thiem to clinch his fifth Madrid Open title. With this victory, he has won three straight titles after Barcelona Open and Monte Carlo Masters victories.
- Nadal will also move into the world’s top four replacing 18-time Grand Slam champion Roger Federer in the new rankings. Nadal has won his 30th ATP World Tour Masters 1000 title tying the all-time record with Serbia’s Novok Djokovic.
- The Madrid Open is a men’s and women’s professional tennis tournament held every year in early May in Madrid, Spain. The tournament is classified as an ATP World Tour Masters 1000 event on the Association of Tennis Professionals tour.
India jumps 73 spots to 26 rank in World Bank’s power list
- India has climbed up to twenty sixth position in World Bank’s electricity accessibility ranking.
- Piyush Goyal exuded confidence that by 2019 the government would able to take power to every household.
Chemical protective clothing sale to India by US
- The sale of high-tech chemical protective clothing worth $75 million by the US to India which will protect Indian soldiers against biological and chemical warfare reflects growing bilateral defence relationship.
- Developed by all four defence services to provide a common protective suit, JSLIST clothing includes the suit, boots and gloves and can be worn for up to 24 hours in contaminated areas.
Lewis Hamilton Wins Spanish Grand Prix
- Lewis Hamilton has won the Spanish Grand Prix from pole position in the Formula One championship
- his is Hamilton’s 55th career win and second win of the season. Mercedes’s Hamilton finished 3.4 seconds ahead of Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel. Third position was occupied by Australian Daniel Ricciardo.
- Spanish Grand Prix is a Formula One motor race which is one of the oldest of its kind in the world. The event which celebrated its centenary in 2013 is currently held at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya in Barcelona. The race has become a part of the Formula One World Championship since 1968 and is held at various venues.
The above daily current affairs digest has been compiled by Sagrika Mehta
Daily Current Affairs Quiz