Daily Current Affairs Digest for helping you crack the general awareness section of competitive exams.
Daily Current Affairs Digest- April 11th, 2017
||Cashkaro.com ties up with YES Bank to launch card-linked offers
||China Simulates Lunar-like Environment
||PV Sindhu elected as member of BWF Athletes’ commission.
||Egypt blocks 21 websites for ‘terrorism’ and ‘fake news’
||Delhi Metro’s heritage line now opens for public
Cashkaro.com ties up with YES Bank to launch card-linked offers
- Banking on the Government’s drive to promote a cash-less economy, cashback portal Cashkaro.com has tied up with YES Bank to launch card-linked offers as part of its loyalty programme for both offline and online shoppers.
- The offer will be currently available on all YES BANK debit cards, and will be extended to all other payment products of YES Bank in the near future, Cashkaro said in a statement.
- The initiative will now enable YES Bank debit card holders to earn customised cashback offers from a wide range of participating online merchants
China Simulates Lunar-like Environment
- China has set up a 160-square-meter (1,720-square-foot) laboratory — dubbed as “Yuegong-1”, or “Lunar Palace” for simulating a lunar-like environment.
- Four Postgraduate students from the Beijing’s astronautics research university will live in the laboratory for up to 200 days in a bid to prepare for China’s long term goal of putting humans on the moon.
- The cabin according to Chinese agencies represents the “world’s most advanced closed-loop life-support technology so far.”
Supreme Court begins hearing Final Arguments on the Constitutional Validity of Triple Talaq.
- A five-judge bench headed by Chief Justice of India JS Khehar has begun hearing petitions challenging the practice of triple talaq.
- The lead petition has been titled “Quest for Equality vs Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind“.
- The case will be heard by five judges from five different communities, namely, CJI J S Khehar (Sikh) and Justices Kurian Joseph (Christian), R F Nariman (Parsi), U U Lalit (Hindu) and Abdul Nazeer (Muslim).
In a First for a Government Owned Company Kochi Metro Appoints Transgenders
- Kochi Metro will employ 23 members from the transgender community.
- This is the first time a government owned company has formally appointed members of the transgender community.
- These 23 workers will be a part of the 530 Kudumbasree workers to be employed at 11 stations in the Kochi Metro.
May 11: National Technology Day
- National Technology Day is being observed across India on May 11 to mark India’s technological advancements.
- 017 National Technology Day Theme: ‘Technology for inclusive and sustainable growth’.
- The day is being commemorated to celebrate the anniversary of first of the five tests of Operation Shakti (Pokhran-II) nuclear test, held on 11 May 1998 in Pokhran, Rajasthan.
The above daily current affairs digest has been compiled by Sagrika Mehta
Daily Current Affairs Digest for all days in May