Daily Current Affairs Digest has been specially been compiled by us to help you stay aware of all the events that happen around you and the world. Our daily current affairs digest will help you immensely while revising for the general awareness sections of all major competitive examinations.
Daily Current Affairs Digest
Here are the top 5 events that made their place in our daily current affairs digest.
||Leander Paes Wins Tallahassee Challenger Title
||Maharashtra becomes First State to Use Automated Weather Stations (AWS) for Farmers
||India and Turkey agree to act against those who ‘create, support and shelter’ terror
||Core industries grow by 5% in March, fastest in 3 months
||Cheating at petrol pumps: Govt orders surprise checks
Leander Paes Wins Tallahassee Challenger Title
- In The top-seeded Indo-American pair of Leander Paes and Scott Lipsky defeated Argentine third seeds Leonardo Mayer and Maximo Gonzalez to win the Tallahassee Challenger title of the men’s double.
- Tallahassee Challenger title of the men’s double. This title win is Paes’ 2nd Challenger level title of the season. The 2017 Tallahassee Tennis Challenger was played on green clay courts between 24 and 29 April 2017
Maharashtra becomes First State to Use Automated Weather Stations (AWS) for Farmers
- Maharashtra chief minister Devendra Fadnavis has inaugurated the state’s first automatic weather station at Dongargaon in Nagpur.
- The state government proposes to install around 2,065 such weather stations across the state on a public private partnership (PPP) mode in this year and 1,000 in next year.
- The weather stations will be helpful in measuring the wind direction, wind speed, air temperature, relative humidity and record amount of rainfall.
India and Turkey agree to act against those who ‘create, support and shelter’ terror
- Turkey will always be by the side of India in full solidarity while battling terrorism: Erdogan
- Nations of the world need to work as one to disrupt the terrorist networks, their financing and cross border movement of terrorists: PM Modi
Core industries grow by 5% in March, fastest in 3 months
- Eight core industries grew by 5 per cent in March, the fastest in three months, on the back of higher coal and steel production.
- The growth rate of eight infrastructure sectors – coal, crude oil, natural gas, refinery products, fertilisers, steel, cement and electricity – was however lower than 9.3 per cent recorded in March last year.
- As per the government data released on Monday, coal production increased by 10 per cent in March as against 2.5 per cent a year ago.Steel (alloy + non-alloy) production was up 11 per cent while it had expanded by 7.8 per cent in March 2016.
Cheating at petrol pumps: Govt orders surprise checks
- The oil ministry has issued an order for inspection of all petrol pumps in UP and random checks in other states.
- The move comes after raids on 11 UP petrol pumps unveiled alleged stealing of 50ml of fuel in every litre dispensed.
Daily Current Affairs Digest Quiz
The above daily current affairs digest has been compiled by Sagrika Mehta