Daily Current Affairs Digest for helping you crack the general awareness section of competitive exams has been compiled by us. General knowledge and general awareness is an important component of almost all competitive exams. You can score more in the general awareness section by going through our daily current affairs digest. If at all you lose marks in other sections of Banking, Staff Selection Commission and UPSC Exams compensate them in general awareness section. We are hopeful that our daily current affairs digest helps you in scoring well.
Daily Current Affairs Digest – June 7th 2017
||Hoshiar Singh is the new Chief of Copyrights office
||India inks an Agreement to provide $318 million Line of Credit to Sri Lanka
||Kerala Government launches Green Protocol for making Weddings more Nature Friendly
||Sachin Tendulkar to be a part of United Nation’s “Super Dad Campaign”
||Finance Ministry asks Ministries to decide on FDI proposals within 60 Days
India inks an Agreement to provide $318 million Line of Credit to Sri Lanka
- India has signed an agreement with Sri Lanka to provide USD 318 million as line of credit for developing Sri Lanka’s railway sector.
- The agreement was signed between Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Finance and Mass media, and Managing Director of India’s Export Import Bank in Colombo.
- The line of credit comes at the backdrop of increasing Chinese presence in the Indian Ocean nation. China has made significant investments in Sri Lanka mainly in developing ports.
Kerala Government launches Green Protocol for making Weddings more Nature Friendly
- Kerala State government has come out with a green protocol to make the weddings in the state more nature-friendly.
- As per the protocol, plastic and other non-biodegradable articles including disposable glasses and plates and thermocol decorations will not be permitted to be used in wedding ceremonies.
- The protocol has been released as a part of the government’s anti-plastic drive and Green-Kerala Mission.
Sachin Tendulkar to be a part of United Nation’s “Super Dad Campaign”
- Sachin Tendulkar will join other global celebrities like Dravid, Beckham, Novak Djokovic, Academy Award winning American actor Mahershala Ali, British Formula One racing driver Lewis Hamilton and Australian actor Hugh Jackman for UNICEF’s ‘Super Dads’ campaign that highlights the critical role played by fathers in children’s early development.
- The initiative is aimed at celebrating fatherhood and highlights the importance of love, play, protection and good nutrition for the healthy development of the brains of the young children
- UNICEF was established in 1946 by the United Nations to protect the children struggling to survive in the aftermath of World War II. UNICEF works to promote the rights and well-being of children and works in around 190 countries and territories to translate that commitment into practical action.
Finance Ministry asks Ministries to decide on FDI proposals within 60 Days
- The finance Ministry has asked all those ministries tasked with clearing foreign direct investment proposals in the 12 sectors that require government’s nod to take a decision on such proposals within 60 days.
- Last month, the Cabinet abolished the Foreign Investment and Promotion Board (FIPB), which was the authority for clearing foreign direct investment (FDI) proposals for a period of 25 years.
- Foreign investment proposals above Rs 5,000 crore will be cleared by the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA).
The above daily current affairs digest has been compiled by Sagrika Mehta
Daily Current Affairs Digest for 2017