Daily Current Affairs Digest for helping you crack the general awareness section of competitive exams has been compiled by us. General knowledge and general awareness is an important component of almost all competitive exams. You can score more in the general awareness section by going through our daily current affairs digest. If at all you lose marks in other sections of Banking, Staff Selection Commission and UPSC Exams compensate them in general awareness section. We are hopeful that our daily current affairs digest helps you in scoring well.
Daily Current Affairs Digest – June 6th 2017
||Nepal Inks Agreement for Mega Hydroprojects with Chinese Firm
||Six Arab Nations Cut Diplomatic Ties with Qatar
||India Secures Top Position in Global Retail Development Index
||Vijaya Bank Plans to develop 100 Digital Villages
||National Board of Wildlife Clears Rutland Island for DRDO’s Missile Testing Project
Daily Current Affairs Digest in Detail
Nepal Inks Agreement for Mega Hydroprojects with Chinese Firm
- Nepal has signed a agreement with China Gezhouba Group Corporation (CGGC) for developing a 1,200 MW Budhigandaki Hydroelectric Project.
- It will be the biggest hydro project in Nepal having the potential to resolve its perennial power crisis.
- As per the agreement, the hydro project would be built under engineering, procurement, construction and finance (EPCF) model.
Six Arab Nations Cut Diplomatic Ties with Qatar
- Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Egypt, Yemen, Libya and UAE have suspended their diplomatic ties with Qatar.
- All the six countries have announced that they would withdraw their diplomatic staff from Qatar and eject Qatar’s diplomats from their territories. They have also planned to cut air and sea traffic.
- The decision has been taken after Qatar alleged that hackers took over state—run news agency’s website and published fake comments from its ruling emir about Iran and Israel.
India Secures Top Position in Global Retail Development Index
- The 2017 Global Retail Development Index (GRDI) titled ‘The Age of Focus‘ has placed India at the top position among 30 developing countries on ease of doing business in the retail sector.
- This is the 16th edition of the Global Retail Development Index (GRDI).
- The index has placed China at the second place. However, it has been stated that the China’s market size and the continued evolution of retail still make it one of the most attractive markets for retail investment.
Vijaya Bank Plans to develop 100 Digital Villages
- Vijaya Bank has stated that it plans to develop as many as 100 digital villages in various States across the country as part of its initiative to promote digital banking among the rural population
- At present, Vijaya Bank is the only public sector financial institution to develop digital villages with focus on rural population.
- In the Digital Villages, the bank would offer Internet, free Wi-Fi connectivity, mobile payment facilities, ATM cards, online banking and will carry out a door-to-door campaign to educate the villagers.
National Board of Wildlife Clears Rutland Island for DRDO’s Missile Testing Project
- The National Board of Wildlife has approved Rutland Island in South Andaman to be the site for the country’s long-range missile test facility.
- DRDO has been seeking the approval for the test facility since 2012.
- Taking into account the strategic importance of the project for country’s defence, the Standing Committee of the National Board of Wildlife has approved the project.
The above daily current affairs digest has been compiled by Sagrika Mehta
Daily Current Affairs Digest for 2017