Daily Current Affairs Digest for helping you crack the general awareness section of competitive exams has been compiled by us. General knowledge and general awareness is an important component of almost all competitive exams. You can score more in the general awareness section by going through our daily current affairs digest. If at all you lose marks in other sections of Banking, Staff Selection Commission and UPSC Exams compensate them in general awareness section. We are hopeful that our daily current affairs digest helps you in scoring well.
Daily Current Affairs Digest- June 5th 2017
||Sai Praneeth clinches Thailand Grand Prix Gold Title
||According to Wrld Banks’s forcast India to grow at 7.2% in 2017
||June 5 : World Environment Day
||NASA all set to launch Sounding Rocket to release Radiant Artificial Clouds
||Vizianagaram won the 2017 MGNREGA National Award
Daily Current Affairs Digest in Detail
Sai Praneeth clinches Thailand Grand Prix Gold Title
- Indian Shuttler B Sai Praneeth has clinched Thailand Grand Prix Gold title by defeating Indonesia’s Jonatan Christie 17-21, 21-18, 21-19 in Bangkok.
- Earlier he had defeated the world No 29 Kidambi Srikanth and clinched Singapore Open Superseries badminton title.
- The had defeated the world No 29 Kidambi Srikanth and clinched Singapore Open Superseries badminton title.
According to Wrld Banks’s forcast India to grow at 7.2% in 2017
- The World Bank’s Global Economic Prospects (GEP) has projected a growth rate of 7.2% for India in the financial year 2017 as against 6.8% growth in 2016.
- The bank in its report expects India’s growth rate to remain at 7.5% in 2018 and 7.7% in 2019.
- World Bank is one of five institutions created at the Breton Woods Conference in 1944. World Bank is part of the United Nations system, but its governance structure is different. World Bank’s headquarter is situated at Washington DC.
June 5: World Environment Day
- Every year World Environment Day (WED) is observed on 5 June to raise global awareness worldwide for the protection of our environment and the planet Earth
- It is the single largest celebration of our environment each year. The celebration of World Environment Day is a global initiative of United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP).
- Theme for 2017 Environment day is Connecting People to Nature
NASA all set to launch Sounding Rocket to release Radiant Artificial Clouds
- NASA will launch the Terrier-Improved Malemute sounding rocket into the space that will release blue-green and red artificial clouds.
- The rocket will eject vapour canisters between 10 to 20 km from the rocket’s main payload. These canisters will release the vapour after launch.
- The significance of the launch lies in the fact that the vapour traces can be helpful in studying the ionosphere.
Vizianagaram won the 2017 MGNREGA National Award
- The Ministry of Rural Development has selected Vizianagaram as one among the 17 districts for MGNREGA annual award.
- The award will be given to Vizianagaram for its effective implementation of the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act during the time period 2015-16
- The district has been chosen after the field verification carried out by the selection committee. The district was known to have generated works for 3, 61,668 households in 2015-16 and disbursed ₹483.42 crore as wages to the workers with an average wage of ₹106.
The above daily current affairs digest has been compiled by Sagrika Mehta
Daily Current Affairs Digest for 2017