Daily Current Affairs Digest for helping you crack the general awareness section of competitive exams has been compiled by us. General knowledge and general awareness is an important component of almost all competitive exams. You can score more in the general awareness section by going through our daily current affairs digest. If at all you lose marks in other sections of Banking, Staff Selection Commission and UPSC Exams compensate them in general awareness section. We are hopeful that our daily current affairs digest helps you in scoring well.
Daily Current Affairs Digest – June 27th
||US to declare China among Worst Human Trafficking Offenders
||Mihai Tudose named as Prime-Minister Designate
||BCCI forms a seven member Committee to oversee Lodha Panel Reforms
||FSSAI issues Draft Regulations for Organic Food Products
||Kaushik Basu appointed as new President of IEA
US to declare China among Worst Human Trafficking Offenders
- The United States is set to declare China as one among the world’s worst offenders on human trafficking in its annual Trafficking in Persons Report
- The declaration would place China in the same category as North Korea, Zimbabwe and Syria.
- The move will be Donald Trump administration’s first major public rebuke of China’s human rights record. Trump’s administration has so far avoided direct public criticism of China.
Mihai Tudose named as Prime-Minister Designate
- President Klaus Iohannis has appointed outgoing economy minister Mihai Tudose as Prime Minister
- The ruling Social Democrat Party (PSD) was ousted from the power following an internal power struggle. PSD filed a no-confidence motion against ex-Prime Minister Sorin Grindeanu for causing delays in implementing reforms.
- Romania is the second poorest country of the European Union. It is the largest of the Balkan countries and has a coastline on the Black Sea.
BCCI forms a seven member Committee to oversee Lodha Panel Reforms
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has constituted a special seven-member committee to analyse the few contentious Lodha panel reforms which are being opposed by the state units.
- The seven-member Lodha committee has been formed under the head of Rajeev Shukla.
- Justice Lodha committee was appointed by the Supreme Court in 2014 to make recommendations to the BCCI in order to prevent frauds and conflict of interest in cricket administration.
FSSAI issues Draft Regulations for Organic Food Products
- The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has come out with draft regulations for organic food products to ensure the authenticity of organic foods.
- Organic foods will have to comply with the government’s provisions under the National Programme for Organic Production (NPOP) or the Participatory Guarantee System for India (PGS-India) run by the Agriculture Ministry or any other standards notified by FSSAI.
- Organic food products are those that have to be grown without the use of chemical fertilisers and pesticides or those made from organically produced raw materials. The draft regulations are aimed at ensuring the authenticity of organic food products sold in the market.
Kaushik Basu appointed as new President of IEA
- Kaushik Basu has taken over as president of the International Economic Association (IEA). Basu will serve a three-year term as the President.
- Kaushik Basu has served as India’s chief economic adviser from 2009 to 2012. He has also served as senior vice-president and chief economist at the World Bank from 2012 to 2016.
- The International Economic Association (IEA) is one of the key organisations of professional economists and has been significant in determining global economic policy and research.
The above daily current affairs digest has been compiled by Sagrika Mehta
Daily Current Affairs Digest for 2017