Daily Current Affairs Digest for helping you crack the general awareness section of competitive exams has been compiled by us. General knowledge and general awareness is an important component of almost all competitive exams. You can score more in the general awareness section by going through our daily current affairs digest. If at all you lose marks in other sections of Banking, Staff Selection Commission and UPSC Exams compensate them in general awareness section. We are hopeful that our daily current affairs digest helps you in scoring well.
Daily Current Affairs Digest – June 26th
||World Bank clears $250 million loan for Skill India mission
||Kidambi Srikanth bags the Australia Open Super Series
||World Bank approves $250-million loan for Skill India Mission
||HRD Ministry Constitutes K. Kasturirangan Panel to Frame National Education Policy
||Fiscal Deficit of States Soars to Rs 4.93 trillion in FY16
World Bank clears $250 million loan for Skill India mission
- The World Bank has cleared a $250 million loan for making Indian youth more employable through reskilling
- Under the programme, adults in 15-59 years of age, underemployed or unemployed, will get the skill training
- The programme will benefit approximately 15,000 trainers and 3,000 assessors
Kidambi Srikanth bags the Australia Open Super Series
- Srikanth beat Olympic champion 22-20, 21-16 to win his 4th Super Series title
- This is Srikanth’s first win over Chen Long in six meetings
- This is Srikanth’s second Super Series title in seven days
World Bank approves $250-million loan for Skill India Mission
- The World Bank has cleared a USD 250-million loan to aid the Skill India mission. The loan amount would be used for making Indian youth more employable through reskilling.
- The USD 250 million Skill India Mission Operation (SIMO) is set to increase the market relevance of short-term skill development programmes (3-12 months or up to 600 hours) both at the national and state levels.
- SIMO will be a six- year programme in support of National Policy for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (2017-23).
HRD Ministry Constitutes K. Kasturirangan Panel to Frame National Education Policy
- The HRD ministry has constituted a new nine-member panel headed by space scientist K Kasturirangan to frame a new National Education Policy (NEP).
- The panel includes former IAS officer K.J. Alphonse Kanamthanam, who was instrumental in making Kerala’s Kottayam and Ernakulam districts achieve 100% literacy.
- Another member of the panel will be Ram Shanker Kureel who has wide experience in the field of agricultural sciences and management.
Fiscal Deficit of States Soars to Rs 4.93 trillion in FY16
- According to ‘Handbook of Statistics on States 2016-17‘, the gross fiscal deficits of all the states have soared to Rs 4,93,360 crore in fiscal 2016 from Rs 18,790 crore in FY1991.
- ‘Handbook of Statistics on States 2016-17 follows a ‘one-indicator-one table’ approach. It covers all sub-national statistics on socio- demographics, state domestic product, agriculture, industry, infrastructure, banking and other fiscal indicators across the states during the period 1950-51 to 2016-17.
- Fiscal deficit is the difference between total expenditure and total revenue receipts including recoveries of loans and other receipts.
The above daily current affairs digest has been compiled by Sagrika Mehta
Daily Current Affairs Digest for 2017