Daily Current Affairs Digest for helping you crack the general awareness section of competitive exams has been compiled by us. General knowledge and General awareness is an important component of almost all competitive exams. You can score more in the general awareness section by going through our daily current affairs digest. If at all you lose marks in other sections of Banking, Staff Selection Commission and UPSC Exams compensate them in general awareness section. We are hopeful that our daily current affairs digest helps you in scoring well.
Daily Current Affairs Digest – June 23rd
||Indian woman wrestler Kavita Dalal to be part of WWE’s Mae Young Classic tournament
||POSOCO-IMD Weather Portal & Web Portal ‘MERIT’ launched
||NITI Aayog Selects CCMB as Incubation Centre for Biotech Start-ups
||Nisha Dutt bags Social Entrepreneur of the Year Award
||Government launches VAJRA Scheme
Indian woman wrestler Kavita Dalal to be part of WWE’s Mae Young Classic tournament
- Kavita Dalal aka ‘Hard KD’ will compete in the The Mae Young Classic.
- Kavita, a former weightlifter, is student of former WWE heavyweight champion Dalip Singh Rana Singh aka ‘The Great Khali’.
- Kavita participated in the WWE Dubai tryout earlier this year in April where she gained the attention of talent scouts with her strong performance.
POSOCO-IMD Weather Portal & Web Portal ‘MERIT’ launched
- Union Minister of State for Power, Coal, New & Renewable Energy and Mines Piyush Goyal has launched Weather Portal for Power Sector & Web Portal ‘MERIT’ (Merit Order Despatch of Electricity for Rejuvenation of Income and Transparency).
- The weather portal has been developed in association with POSOCO and IMD.
- MERIT (Merit Order Despatch of Electricity for Rejuvenation of Income and Transparency) has been developed by Ministry of Power in association with POSOCO and Central Electricity Authority
NITI Aayog Selects CCMB as Incubation Centre for Biotech Start-ups
- NITI-Aayog has chosen the CSIR-Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CCMB) in Hyderabad for hosting the ₹10-crore Atal Incubation Centre for biotechnology start-ups.
- The CCMB is one of the 10 organisations that have been identified to host the ‘Atal Incubation Centre’.
- The government will release a Grant-in-aid of Rs 10 crore for a maximum of 5 years. After that, it is expected that the Centre would become self-sustainable.
Nisha Dutt bags Social Entrepreneur of the Year Award
- Nisha Dutt, Chief Executive Officer of Intellecap has become the first Indian woman leader to have been honoured with the “Social Entrepreneur of the Year” award at The 7th Asian Awards in London.
- Nisha Dutt has been honoured in recognition of her work in making Intellecap a globally known enterprise that focuses on social capital. Her key contribution lies in integrating technology with challenges of healthcare, financial services, incubation and conceptualising programs such as Innovations Labs.
- The Asian Awards is an annual awards function which was founded by businessman and philanthropist Paul Sagoo.
Government launches VAJRA Scheme
- Department of Science and Technology has launched VAJRA (Visiting Advanced Joint Research) Faculty scheme that enables NRIs and overseas scientific community to participate and contribute to research and development in India.
- The Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), a Statutory body of the Department of Science and Technology will implement the Scheme. Under this scheme, foreign researchers abroad of Indian origin or otherwise can collaborate with faculties in public funded Indian institutions.
- The researchers would receive endowments at par with those in their own countries. They would be given USD 15,000 in the first month of residency and USD 10,000, for the remaining months.
The above daily current affairs digest has been compiled by Sagrika Mehta
Daily Current Affairs Digest for 2017