Daily Current Affairs Digest for helping you crack the general awareness section of competitive exams has been compiled by us. General knowledge and general awareness is an important component of almost all competitive exams. You can score more in the general awareness section by going through our daily current affairs digest. If at all you lose marks in other sections of Banking, Staff Selection Commission and UPSC Exams compensate them in general awareness section. We are hopeful that our daily current affairs digest helps you in scoring well.
Daily Current Affairs Digest – June 20th
||Energy Conservation Building Code 2017 Launched
||India ratifies UN TIR Convention in a bid to Counter China’s OBOR
||Lockheed and Tata sign Pact to make F-16 Planes in India
||“Celebrating Yoga” Mobile App launched
||Anti-profiteering Panel to be set up
Energy Conservation Building Code 2017 Launched
- Minister of State for Power, Coal, New and Renewable Energy and Mines has launched the Energy Conservation Building Code 2017 (ECBC 2017).
- This updated version of the Code prescribes the energy performance standards for new commercial buildings to be constructed across India.
- The Energy Conservation Building Code 2017 (ECBC 2017) has been developed by Ministry of Power and Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) with technical support from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) under the U.S.-India bilateral Partnership to Advance Clean Energy – Deployment Technical Assistance (PACE-D TA) Program.
India ratifies UN TIR Convention in a bid to Counter China’s OBOR
- India has become the 71st nation to join the United Nations TIR (Transports Internationaux Routiers) Convention.
- India’s decision to join the convention is part of its multi-modal transport strategy that aims at integrating Indian economy with global and regional production networks through better connectivity.
- The Customs Convention on International Transport of Goods under Cover of TIR Carnets, 1975 (TIR Convention) is an international customs transit system under the auspices of the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE) with the widest geographical coverage
Lockheed and Tata sign Pact to make F-16 Planes in India
- Lockheed Martin and India’s Tata Advanced Systems have signed a pact to produce F-16 fighter planes in India.
- Lockheed Martin is one of the largest aerospace, defence, security, and advanced technologies companies having worldwide interests. It is headquartered in Maryland. The company was formed after the merger of Lockheed Corporation and Martin Marietta in 1995.
- India’s air force is in requirement of hundreds of aircraft inorder ro replace its soviet-era aircrafts. But Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Make-in-India initiative requires the foreign suppliers to forge partnership with a local partner to make planes and build a domestic industrial base in India. This is aimed at cutting outright imports.
“Celebrating Yoga” Mobile App launched
- Minister for Science & Technology Dr. Harshvardhan has launched a Mobile App “Celebrating Yoga”.
- The Mobile App has been developed by Department of Science & Technology, Ministry of Science & Technology on the occasion of International Yoga Day 2017.
- The aim of the app is to popularise Yoga and encourage people to practice yoga for a scientifically healthy living.
Anti-profiteering Panel to be set up
- The GST Council headed by Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley comprising of state finance ministers as members have decided to set up a five-member anti-profiteering authority to decide on levying the penalty if businesses do not pass on the benefit of price reduction to consumers under GST regime.
- The anti-profiteering committee would be headed by a retired secretary-level officer. The authority would ask the businesses to pass on the benefit of price reduction on a proportionate basis to consumers.
- The government will constitute a search-cum-selection committee for finalising the members of the anti-profiteering authority.
The above daily current affairs digest has been compiled by Sagrika Mehta
Daily Current Affairs Digest for 2017