Daily Current Affairs Digest for helping you crack the general awareness section of competitive exams has been compiled by us. General knowledge and general awareness is an important component of almost all competitive exams. You can score more in the general awareness section by going through our daily current affairs digest. If at all you lose marks in other sections of Banking, Staff Selection Commission and UPSC Exams compensate them in general awareness section. We are hopeful that our daily current affairs digest helps you in scoring well.
Daily Current Affairs Digest- June 2nd 2017
||Mouma-Manika Pair becomes the first Indian Pair to reach Quaterfinals in World TT Championships
||Prithvi-II Missile Test Fired Successfully
||US to withdraw from the 2015 Paris Accord
||India and Russia inks 5 pacts
||Second Scorpene Class Submarine Ready for Sea Trials
Daily Current Affairs Digest in Detail
Mouma-Manika Pair becomes the first Indian Pair to reach Quaterfinals in World TT Championships
- India’s Manika Batra and Mouma Das has created history by becoming the first Indian pair to reach the quarterfinals of the World Table Tennis Championship
- The pair will now take on the No. 1 and 2 Chinese players, Ding Ning and Liu Shiwen in an upcoming match.
- The event was held in Dusseldorf.
Prithvi-II Missile Test Fired Successfully
- The land version of the short range surface–to–surface ballistic missile Prithvi-II was successfully test-fired from a defence base off Odisha coast.
- The test was conducted by the Strategic Forces Command (SFC) of the Indian Army with logistics support from DRDO. The test was part of the user training exercise. The missile carrying a dummy payload was mounted on a Mobile Tatra transporter-erector Launcher (MTL).
- Prithvi-II is a tactical short-range ballistic missile (SRBM) developed indigenously by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO). It is the first missile to be indigenously developed by DRDO under India’s prestigious Integrated Guided Missile Development Program (IGMDP).
US to withdraw from the 2015 Paris Accord
- United States is set to withdraw from the historic 2015 Paris Accord as the accord was hurting his country and economy very badly.
- Donald Trump has held that the deal was not tough enough on India and China.
- Being the world’s second biggest emitter of greenhouse gases, the exit of United States from the accord has raised questions about the fate of the accord. There are also fears that some more reluctant countries may also follow the steps of US in quitting the climate deal.
India and Russia inks 5 pacts
- India and Russia have inked 5 pacts after wide-ranging talks between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Russian President Vladimir Putin during the visit of Prime Minister Modi to Russia.
- An agreement on cultural exchanges for a period of two years (2017-2019), An agreement for the construction of the third stage of the Kudankulam NPP (KK5 & KK6) along with the Credit Protocol,AN agreement to provide access to Rospatent experts to the Indian Digital Library of Traditional Knowledge (TKDL), a Contract between JSC (Russian Railways) and the Ministry of Railways on the preparation of the justification for the implementation of the high-speed service at the Nagpur-Secunderabad section.
- India and Russia have decided to hold the first tri-Services exercises, named ‘Indra-2017’, this year. Both the countries have also decided to begin joint manufacturing of frigates and co-production of Kamov-226 military helicopters.
Second Scorpene Class Submarine Ready for Sea Trials
- Defence Minister Arun Jaitley has announced that the second Scorpene-class submarine is ready for surface sea trials.
- INS Khanderi, the second Scorpene class submarine has been built at Mazagon Dock Limited (MDL) in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- It is the second of the six submarines being built at MDL in collaboration with France’s DCNS as part of Project 75 of Indian Navy.
The above daily current affairs digest has been compiled by Sagrika Mehta
Daily Current Affairs Digest for 2017